FTX products update order

Hello

I am confused about updates of FTX Global products. here is my questions

I have FTX Global Base, Vector and OpenLC Europe. I also have FS Global Ultimate bundle pack with AFM

my environment is P3D v2.5

1. there is no any update for Ftx Global Base and vector

2. for OpenLC Europe, there is 1,10 and 1.15 update. I will install these updates sequentialy , but I don't know when I have to update FTX libraries also.  within purchased DVD box for OpenLC, there is also FTX libraries which is older than the latest one in web site, it is confusing for me

3. what about compatibility with P3d v3?

4. Does it make any problem if I install AFM for Fs Global ultimate ? I am not sure if AFM conflicts with any FTX products.

thanks in advance.

1. Global base should be v130. Vector should be v120

2. go ahead and install Open LC Europe v110 & 115. Then ignore the orbxlibs on the DVD and install orbxlibs v150815 available at the FTX Support site.

3. If your versions of the products do not have the triple installer option then you need to get the triple installer versions from FSS store.

I have never had a DVD version but I am sure an alternative download version is available to you at FSS. Make sure you choosed the P3D v2.5 version to downoad.

4. You will find that Pilots Ultimate will not install the AFM tool into P3D ( that was the case in my experience, and Pilots said they were working on a P3D 2.5 installation tool for AFM, but heard nothing since). In that case you can actually extract the AFM and put it into a separate folder/HDD just in case you need to use it. It will contain a whole load of numbered and lettered files, and you can copy as needed only, the ones you may wish to try in P3D by taking the correct one and dropping it into the Pilots Software folder which is in P3D directory. I would advise you that there can be some strange elevation distortions if you use the AFM files. I therefore strongly suggest that you use the Vector provided Airport elevation Correction tool withing your FTX Vector Configurator instead. 

Always remember to run the latest orbxlibs( at present 150815) after you have installed all of the products you have mentioned in your post.

Archived