Morphing Textures in Anchorage Area

FNLU

Open LC CAN/AK:   

1. Rebuilt terrain.cfg using Holger's instructions  = no joy.

2. Disabled OPEN LC NA2 in scenery library = no morphing textures.

I'm using Aerosoft's PANC, however problem was present even before I installed it.

The 3 ships are aground even with NA2 disabled.

I have NO other LC's or addons (other than FSGlobal Ultimate & an AFX for PAED) in or near the Anchorage/Alaska-NWCanada region.

As far as I can tell, on a flight from PANC to KSEA, there was no other morphing; so the problem seems to be affecting the PANC area. 

Thanks

Walter

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/eYc

addition to original post:  I was wrong, textures are morphing outside of Anchorage area...  Also, did not quite understand Ed's post about the lc lookup file; how can u tell which file is the right one?.  I did APPLY the Global group both hybrid and not; didn't make any difference.

Thanks,

Walter

Hi Walter,

I've checked the area with the same add-ons -- Global Base + Vector, openLC NA, Aerosoft PANC (modified as per our compatibility forum thread) -- and everything displays as it should.

The texture morphing indicates that FSX can't find specific landclass textures. The most common cause is another third-party landclass layered above the ORBX!OPENLC_ entries in the scenery library. Have you temporarily unchecked all entries above openLC NA to ensure that this is not the case here?

If you're unsure whether FTX Central did its job in terms of switching lclookup.bgl you can manually check: the active version is located in \Scenery\BASE\Scenery and should have the exact same date stamp as the one of the respective version in "\ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_base" or "\ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_hybrid", depending on which you selected in FTX Global. The new versions distributed with the current Orbx Libraries all date from July 2015.

The issue with the grounded ships has to do with Vector vs the default shorelines; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102057-beached-ships-outside-anchorage-with-na-alaskacanada-lc/?p=923163

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

It was the lclookup file.  I recently switched to WIN10 and had nothing but problems.  Somehow, my back ups of win 7 and FSX got corrupted so I had to manually re-build everything.  I keep a log of what I load/install.  Apparently I didn't install the proper LIB file...  the lookup file was from 11/28/14!!!!  Re-installed the correct lib file, re-applied and all is fine.  As usual, it wasn't the fault of the software (I never thought it was); it was the fault of the user.

Thank You Sooooooooooooo much for your patience.

Rgds,

Walter

Archived