Installing correctly from scratch w/old computer

JimNZ

Hello fellow fliers.

Well, it's been a long time since I took to the air with this wonderful Orbx addition to FSX.  I have had a couple of false starts as I did hope to re-install everything 2-3 months ago but due to a heart transplant on my old computer and a couple of other issues I never got off the runway.

Now I hope I'm ready to get started.  I don't have SSD or any of these updates for the HHD that have occurred since I was last with you, so it really will be the same install when FSX and Orbx started out.

My question is, is there anywhere on this site or any other site where I can get the order of installation, as it's important to get it right. I left when Alaska was introduced so I have everything like Accleration, Australia red, green etc .

Any assistance would be greeted with both hands, believe me.

Regards once again to all.

Jim JIMNZ

Hey there Jim,

Welcome back, may I suggest "The Definitive Guide to FTX Products" http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74347-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/ Download the FTX Definitive Guide v2.pdf from the first post or from the link here.  FTX Definitive Guide v2.pdf   

On page 29 you will find the best install order of FTX products, and in the preceding pages you will find information about FTXGlobal base, FTXVector, FTX OLC, and Pilots Mesh 2010 for FTX. 

From reading through your signature Orbx purchase list  I don't see any of these New products since your time out when SAK was purchased.

It would be best to reinstall your current purchases at first according to the guide, and then you can familiarise yourself with the newer range of products listed in the guide to see how they work and are structured within the sim. Then by all means begin your FTXGlobal experience with purchase of FTXGlobal base as your starting point.

EDIT: hkterry got in just ahead of me, he recommends the FTX Definitive Guide V2 as well.

Archived