Trying to do a complete reinstall with Earth Sims Sceneries

kermitthebaron

Hello, I'm having a heck of a time trying to do a complete reinstall of FSX & Addons and using FTX Central.  When I do an install of Orbx-FTX Global, the default button dissappears in FTX Central and the only one there is the FTX Global one. I also have a couple of sceneris from Earth Simulations and need to set default in FTX Central before installing.  Anyone have any insight or advice that might be useful?  Thanks in advance.....      James

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm not sure how to add to my sig???  But I can add my FTX Global Base order # FSS0267720.  Thats all the further I've gotten in my fresh install of FSX. First I put in my mesh from FSGlobal Ultimate disks (105 gb), then I do my world textures and all Orbx stuff, then Earth Sims stuff, then REX stuff, then AI aircraft, then sound & light enhancements then the rest of my sceneries from other developers then payware aircraft, etc.....but I usually do Earth Sims right after Global Base, is this correct??? before Vector & OpenLC???  Thanks in advance for any help rendered...    James

Hello, I have in the past always installed FTX Global Base and then Earth Sims stuff, then the rest of Orbx stuff.  FTX Central 2 came along and changed some things.  On an Orbx Support request in the past (a year or so ago), I'm not positive, but I think it was John Venema that told me to set FTX Global back to default before installing Earth Sims stuff, and it worked, then I would set FTX Central back to Global after rebooting PC.  Sorry for any misunderstanding,  Thanks      James

PS - I have to wait now till I start another topic to add info to SIG, correct???   How does FTX Central 2 change FTX Central???

Hello James,

The text order number is a link (click on it) to a topic which explains how to

add your order number to your signature.

It's just that if you don't, you will be asked for your order number every time

you start a topic.

I explained above, default and Global are the same thing with a different name.

Therefore, if you installed with FTX Central set at default before, you can set it to

Global now and do the same installation.

Archived