KPSP stutters

ExPatAviator

Hi folks,

I've got a pretty good system, and have used all sorts of complex addons for several years without any issues. However I just bought KPSP and I am getting micro stutters. Something I've never had before and I've no idea what to do to fix it.

Many thanks

Phil

G'day Phil,

KPSP should provide you with good performance based on other user (and comprehensive beta testing) feedback. That said, a couple possible causes that can be tested:

1. Make sure you have installed the latest ORBXlibs - if you don't, you will not have any autogen vegetation in the majority of the coverage area. If this is the case, the sim will be continually trying to look for non-existent autogen entries, which will likely cause stutters or CTDs over prolonged flying. Info on this can be found here

2. Try disabling AI temporarily - as well as the Palm Springs AI (which shouldn't have much impact), most of the AI in the Los Angeles basin will be loaded into memory during flights in this area - given the size and quantity of airports in such a concentrated area, this can definitely have an impact. 

3. Always test with a clean FSX.cfg - performance mods can often lead to inconsistent results, so to check it is always worth running a "clean" setup of FSX/P3D when troubleshooting.

4. Try disabling any other non-ORBX addons for the area to see if they may be causing problems - as well as other nearby airports, consider larger-scope products such as landclass, mesh, vector-style or photoreal sceneries. 

5. Try testing (if you haven't already) - see if the microstutters are limited to a particular type or are consistent across the board. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad, thank you so much for the reply.

In the end it turned out to be turbulence in ASN that was causing the problem! On my setup I must not have experienced that sort of turbulence where I usually fly, and turning it down in ASN settings solved it for me! Quite why it caused the sim to stutter I dont know.

Fantastic scenery, loving every second of it

Phil

Archived