Error on FSX launch after installing OrbxFTXNABluePNW180

dpags

Hi all,

I was hoping someone may be able to give me a hand. I'm doing a complete reinstall of flight sim system. I've finished installing FSX:Steam and have also installed Orbx FTX NABlue PNW180. However, when I launch FSX:SE I receive the attached error message.

EDIT - link to photo: http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/e8M

I recall reading somewhere that Orbx only made terrain add-ons for Australia in the early days, so I was curious if this error message had something to do with that? However, I have not been able to find a way to remedy the situation. I checked the support site and didn't see any patches for FTX NA Blue PNW180 - I did see patches for NA Pacific Northwest, but I beleive that is for a Fjords terrain pack (please correct me if I am mistaken on that).

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

-Dave (I'm going to start signing with my name instead of my silly handle, haha)

Thanks Nick, that seem to do it.

However, now when I install some of the individual airports I purchased, I receive the following error message: http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/eCu

EDIT: I also receive this second error: http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/eC9

When I run the installers, I do not get prompted for a license key (as I thought had when I originally installed these airports over a year ago.) If it matters, I had saved the original installers on a directory in my PC and am running them from there. Any advice would be appreciated!!

If you go to steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces,

you will find three folders

FSX-RTM

FSX-SP1

FSX-XPACK

in each of these folders you will find a version of SimConnect.msi.

They are installers for simconnect.

Right click on each one and select Install.

When you have finished, you can check in Control Panel\Programs and Features

and you should find four versions.

You should then see no more of these error messages.

There will only be one prompt for a licence key, the first time a product is installed.

Thereafter, a check is done by the installer and when the stored key is found, it goes

ahead with the installation.

If you go to steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces,

you will find three folders

FSX-RTM

FSX-SP1

FSX-XPACK

in each of these folders you will find a version of SimConnect.msi.

They are installers for simconnect.

Right click on each one and select Install.

When you have finished, you can check in Control Panel\Programs and Features

and you should find four versions.

You should then see no more of these error messages.

There will only be one prompt for a licence key, the first time a product is installed.

Thereafter, a check is done by the installer and when the stored key is found, it goes

ahead with the installation.

Ah-ha! That did it! Thanks!

Archived