Library and programs gone askew

Bushpounder

Guys - here is one to think about - My system was PERFECT a week ago. No problems. I had one scenery that gave me problems, and it was removed. It was Miami City. It is gone. I then went to Alaska and found some problems. The more I checked airports, the more I found wrong. I then removed FSX, ORBX, Global, Vector, everything, and he reloaded it back in. When I ran Aotu-Cfg, it erased the fat areas, so I went back to only SAK to get this up and going. Below are my relevant posts from my forum along with what I am seeing. This is very strange. I LOVE ORBX and cannot fly without it.

It has gone from bad to worse. I ran the auto-cfg. and it REMOVED all my ORBX entries/sceneries from the library. I added in and activated just SAK - PABV is still wrong, and it doesn't matter whether it is enabled or disabled. The runways bridge the terrain. It is NOT flattened. No other airport near there was added. I am ready to scrap it all and start over 100%. How does one delete ORBX from the computer? I want to go back to blank slate with them and do a 100% new install (or as close as I can get). PABV was fine not that long ago. It has NEVER deleted anything. Oh yes - one even better than that!! - after I installed SAK again, I ran the update (#3) and it removed the entry / scenery from the library. Key question - how to remove ORBX so I can reload it? Thanks for any help!

File posted on your site that I followed, and my entries were as depicted.

GCS_025.jpg

Airplane at Valdez. Spud posted an identical picture and his was correct. He basically has the same add-ons that I have.

PAVD_elevation08292015_zpsgr8xugdd.png

Screenshot of my library showing things in the appropriate places.

Library08292015_zpsuiiqcpfh.png

I am not running UTX, so there is no bleed-over. To me, it's as if the Global Mesh / vector / something is loaded, but it isn't working. I have tried airports enabled and disabled. No difference. Something isn't doing its job, but is appearing to be there. Very confused at this point. Everything is as it was a week ago when everything was fine. What is really strange, is when I run Auto-Configuration, it DELETES the ORBX scenery (SAK will go bye-bye) and I will have default.Crazy!! I have all the other main fat areas like SAK, but I didn't load them out because they keep getting deleted when I run the Auto-Cfg.

Any ideas, guys?? I am baffled and I CANNOT fly without my ORBX working or my mesh, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Don

More input - So close! I started to install things back. I installed SAK, but manually had to add it into the library. I checked it, all was GREAT! I then loaded out No. Rockies. Again, I had to manually add it into the library. All was still good. Sweet! Making progress!! Loaded up Pacific Fjords, went to add it to the library - the other two WERE GONE!!! sad.png I figured that if each time I loaded something out, I would lose the previous, I would add them all in and then click OK to activate them all at once. That sort of worked. None dropped off. HOWEVER, when I go to PABV, the airport and river have trees all over them. I have water tiles all over the place. Something is screwed!. I then disabled ALL the scenery and still had the trees. This machine has to be reading what is on one of your computers, because it isn't on mine. Getting good, huh?

Don

That happened to me and my terrain.cfg got corrupted. I'm not at my computer now so can't tell you exactly what to do but google it. There is a stock one somewhere in your FSX installation folders, you have to copy that one over the top of the corrupted one. Sorry I can't be more specific at this moment.

Found this link, hope it helps.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

I almost had it working. I installed all of my software just like I purchased it. Reinstall FSX - installed all the fat areas AND they all went into the library by themselves. I did not have to manually put them in this time. Installed Pilot Mesh. Installed Vector Base - BOOM - wiped all the rest - (except for the Pilot) right out of the library. It also moved the LC around within the Library. It seems that the Vector Base is where things blow up at. This is a new download, too.

Don

Hi Don

Gruelling ... Some comments/questions to understand your misery. Sorry if I state the obvious sometimes  :

- When you did the FSX complete re-install, you first installed Global Base which should replace all your textures and is a requisite for Vector ?  Have you checked that the Global installer did the job ?

- What do you mean by "Vector Base" which "wiped  all the rest" ? No such thing exists. For all my sins, I had to reinstall Vector today which didn't do anything of that sort and normally added the 4+1 entries. No Vector Base.

- About OpenLCs. It looks, in your first post, that you don't have any of them but the two entries brought by Vector or Global (I dont remember which) to rectify some landclasses (OpenLC NA is NA2 and there are about 10 OpenLC EU).

- When you installed SAK or any fat region, the need to install it manually is a clear sign that something went wrong in the process and going manual is not the solution IMHO. The OrbX installers do their job to put the sceneries in place where they should go. 

I see several possible reasons . A computer glitch when you did the install. That happens. Also tweaking scenery or terrain.cfg too often may bring some syntax errors that you don't see immediatly and rear their ugly faces afterwards when they fool the OrbX installer. On that account, before reinstalling FSX, did you unisntall it the proper way including all the files you dont usually see (including cfg duplicates) ? Finally, you may have a problem of authorization in your security setup so the installer can write the scenery.cfg.  Are you on Windows 10 ?

- Be sure to have the last version of each product you own with the full installer. Don't use your initial purchase + patches. Don't install them in a row. Install them one by one and look in the sim how they look. And if you have a HD, defrag after each product install. FSX is a monster of disorganization. No need with a SSD of course.

Sorry not to bring the solution but these are hints that may help you to get aboard again.

• 2 weeks later...

OK - I have reinstalled all the fat areas - PNW, SAK, etc. All that is fine and where it should belong. I also added in the PILOT mesh. All is still good. I then went to run BASE. When I do that, it REMOVES ALL the fat areas in my Scenery Library. I downloaded a new file and tried it again. Same thing happens. I need to know where something is going wrong. This was all working fine a month ago. I have since reinstalled FSX and ALL my ORBX stuff, including PILOT. I do not know why Base is screwing up my fat areas. I'd like to get this resolved, or I've spent a lot of $$$ for nothing. Again, it did work before. Very strange.

Don

Correct. But when I open the Library in FSX, all the fat sceneries are GONE. It is erasing them when it installs. I have done this at least 6 times so far. I have uninstalled everything according to the instructions of each part, FSX, etc. Reinstalled. I have done this before like clockwork. Something is VERY wrong this time.

Don

Hi again,

What happens when you choose the [North America] group in FTXcentralV2 and press apply?

Because setting just [Global] will turn off the FTX regions, to have the FTX regions active with FTXGlobal you need to set [Global+hybrid option]

Just to confirm, you have a couple North American regions + Global/Vector installed?

You nailed it, Tim. All is well now. I have to run the library again so I can get CentralV2, but all is good as it is. For some reason the icons stopped working the other day too. Looks like I am on the right track thanks to you. I appreciate the help. I was not checking the HYBRID box.

Don

Archived