P3D, Turbine Duke and KEGE

Meta

First let me say that this is a beautiful airport.  I posted this issue over at Avsim as well since it involves ONLY the Turbine Duke v2. 

I've been studying a stuttering problem with the RealAir Turbine Duke 2 at the new KEGE.  I've shut off all of the features of the airport, turned my sliders way down and still...major stutters at the airport.  This only happens in P3D...not in FSX.  In FSX I can run full sliders, all airport features turned on and get a smooth 40+ FPS.  I also tested

• Flight1 Mustang in FSX...40-60 smooth. 
  • Carenado PA46 in P3D...30-50 smooth. 
  • Turbine Duke at other airports in P3D....KSTS, KSQL, KSEA, all with full sliders, heavy hitter but still pretty smooth. 

The stutters are big...not micro...a slideshow taking off.  It must be some interaction with something at that airport but I'm stumped and looking for help.

Gregg

EDIT:  The stutters are there both when I'm on the ground and in the air, if that's any help.

G'day Gregg,

I only own a copy of V1 of the Turbine Duke so can't test this myself sorry - but without wishing to pass the buck, it may seem from your observations (and your conversation in another thread with Jean Luc) that it is more likely to be a problem with the aircraft. One experiment to try though, that may yield a result;

- Go to your FTX_AA_KEGE/scenery folder, and rename KEGE_ADEX_WESTSIM_Normal.bgl to KEGE_ADEX_WESTSIM_Normal.bgl.OFF

- This will make the scenery very ugly, but will temporarily disable the file that is read by GPS/nav instruments to obtain airport information in the cockpit. The result is that the default runway data will be read by the Duke - does this make a difference?

- Rename the file to KEGE_ADEX_WESTSIM_Normal.bgl to revert the scenery to it's correct configuration. 

Cheers

Thanks, Jarrad, I'll give it a try.  No worries about the 'pass the buck' thing.  I figure it's just a strange intersection between P3D, the TDukev2 and P3D.  I sent an email to Rob at RealAir as well.  What's good about when this stuff happens is that we learn something about these kinds of things and that gives insight into efficiency.  Like I said in the other thread, there are a lot of other planes that I can fly there if we don't solve it for that one.  Beautiful, beautiful job.

Yeah, it looks like that was probably it.  It was significantly smoother and that was even with full sliders.  Some smaller stutters in a turn after departure but that's pretty normal.  During the course of my testing yesterday I had shut off my avionics so the GTN was off but that didn't seem to help.  It must be data that gets reported to FSX and then grabbed even when you don't have an active GNS?  Turning it back on and it was stuttering again.

Archived