FSX clock

I have been using FSX now for a few years and have always been annoyed by the fact that many Victorian and Tasmanian airports are out an hour from New South Wales and Queensland. It is as though there is a setting somewhere that has Sydney 10 hrs ahead of GMT while Melbourne, Launceston etc. is 9 Hrs. It has been this way through 2 separate computers and 3 different operating systems so I assumed it was a bug in FSX.

Today I spoke to a friend who also has FSX and he advised that he does not have this problem, and that all his airport times are correct.

My question to the learned participants to this forum - How is this so?

I have no software installed that adjusts the time in any way, although I am aware there are some mods available that will adjust for daylight savings time.

I know this is a small matter but it is driving me nuts!!

Anyone have any ideas?

Maurice, i don't quite understand the point you are making.

My main question is why does Sydney and Melbourne have a one hour difference in FSX when they are both on the same system time - with or without Daylight Saving. The one hour difference is there in FSX even through the summer months when Daylight Saving is in place.

Graham

Have you ever considered FS Real Time.  From the flyawaysimulation website: "FS Real Time is made to keep Flight Simulator's UTC, Zulu/GMT, time and date in sync with the Real World. It can maintain either the current Real Time, or an offset, +/-, so you can fly at any variation from Real Time. This package also includes Dennis Thompson's World Time Zones v3.0 which eliminate many of the time zone errors that shipped with recent versions of Flight Simulator.  It can be dl form http://www.3dsoftworks.net/

Regards

PeterH

Following your advice Peter, I have installed Dennis Thompson's World Time Zones v3.0 and that seems to have fixed the times for me.

It would appear that all FS versions have had this time zone anomaly as Microsoft used longitudes as the change points for different zones around the globe. For the East Coast of Australia, the point at which time changes from UTC +10 to UTC + 9 is somewhere between Sydney and Canberra. Australian cities and towns East of that line had the correct time, while those to the West were 1 Hour out until the next zone change point.

Dennis Thompson's files appear to have corrected the problem, certainly for Australia and that is the only area I fly.

Thank you again Peter, and of course, Dennis, wherever you may be.

Archived