Do FTX Trees HD show in scenery library?

nugat

Hi

Apologies if I'm asking a stupid question but after much searching around I cannot find an answer.

I have FTX Trees HD installed, I do not have any other FTX products installed. In FSX (steam edition) I cannot see any difference in the tree textures when the 'use HD trees' box is ticked and when it isn't.

If I go to the library insertion point setting it suggests that I'm supposed to see an orange FTX entry? However one doesn't exist.

If I go to the scenery library in FSX I cannot see any entries for FTX or HD trees.

Is there supposed to be an entry in the scenery library for HD Trees or does this only appear for other FTX products (which I do not have installed)?

At the moment I'm confused as to whether I'm actually seeing the HD trees in game or not :-)

Thanks and kind regards, Tim.

Order no : 391816

Hi Tim...Welcome :)

No, they will not show up in the scenery library. Do you have FTX Central V2 icon on your desktop?

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do have FTX Central 2 installed.

Within FTX Central if I go to Settings -> Installed Products I get two entries...

- FTX Trees HD

- Orbx Libraries

If I go to Settings -> General I can see the 'Scenery' options and I have two tick boxes for 'Use Orbx trees' abd 'Use FTX Trees HD'. I've tried turning these both off and on but I cannot see any difference in the tree textures.

I'm making sure I click the 'Apply Group' button after making any changes.

I've just tried reinstalling HD Trees but I still cannot see any differences in the tree textures, maybe I'm just blind!  ^-^

I do have GEX and UTX installed but they're currently disabled.

Thanks, Tim.

Okay after re-reading the manual it states that unchecking the 'Use FTX Trees HD' box will *not* revert the textures back to FSX default.

So maybe I am seeing the HD trees already, to be honest it has been so long since I've seen a stock FSX installation I can't tell  ::)

Thanks for confirming that they shouldn't appear in the Scenery Library though, that's useful to know.

Cheers, Tim.

I've now done a fresh install of FSX-SE on a different computer, taken a screenshot of the default trees, installed Orbx Trees HD and taken another screenshot to compare.

I can clearly see the difference and can confirm they are displaying correctly on my main PC. Apologies for the wild goose chase!

Archived