How to verify that Orbx is actually used

ZorgroZ

I'm quite new to flightsim and have recently bought and installed a lot of Orbx packages (Global, Vector, OpenLC EU, PNW, Trees, ...) for use with P3D v2.5.

My question is now: How can I verify that my P3D v2.5 is actually using the installed packages, and using them properly?

So far I've visually compared screenshots or YouTube videos with what I see in my P3D, but this is cumbersome and often inappropriate (because settings might differ, and people might have additional addons like REX).

So I'm looking for a better (maybe more technical way) to do this verification.

My rig allows to put all sliders pretty much to max settings, so I just want to make sure I'm benefitting from the full Orbx package feature set.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael and welcome

There is no reason why your P3D wouldn't use the OrbX sceneries if properly installed out of the FSS installer. To go further, could you add to your next post the order number of one of your OrbX products. This is a forum rule. This is the number starting with FSS followed by 7 digits

Hi dominique,

Thanks for your reply! One of my order numbers is FSS0383365.

I have no doubt that P3D will use my Orbx packages if properly installed and set up, but I'd rather verify that than just assume so. :)

As the adage goes in software development: "What's not tested and validated should be assumed to not work by default."

Thanks for any input,

Michael

The old adage is wrong is my opinion :) ! The installers of today do their job well and if you do not tweak your installl or have a devious non OrbX addon bringing havoc, everything should work OK.

Assuming that you do not believe what FTX Central V2 says (and you should believe it as it is a nifty piece of software ), you have to check that P3D sees your OrbXies.

- Open the Scenery Library in the World menu. You should see checked : the last version of the OrbXLibs, each addon airports, about a dozen of OpenLC entries and 4+1 Vector entries. If the Scenery Library sees them they work in your sim.

- Global Base has replaced your default textures that you should have backed up somewhere. You did, didn't you ?  Compare the two folders. The file names are the same but not the date of each file. P3D has the newer ones.

- Trees :  the new textures are easy to recognize in the sim as they are much fluffier than the old ones. And the default doesn't have the cherry trees :)

They are maybe a smarter way to check but that what I would  do without going to FTX central.

Another very easy way to check to see if everything is working... set the time of day to night time.

If you see 3D lights, it's working :)

(Default scenery only has lights painted on the ground... FTX Global has 3D lights)

Archived