FTX Global Base install: insert disk 2

cpilet

Hello,

I purchased the FTX Global Base from the Flightsim Store (order no: FSS0402999) as instant download. I downloaded the package from a UK server. Installation starts normally but at some point I am being asked to insert Disk 2.... I don't have any disks since this is supposed to be a donwload only setup, so I have no option but to abort. I have no idea if the setup has completed.

I have fired FSX and after startup it seems that changes did take place, but I have no idea what is missing, if anything. I also have the AU package on my setup which FTX Central recognizes. I also have ORBX Trees.

I have the same problem with the Plam Springs package (order no. FSS0376962) and installation did not complete. The scenery around the airport shows up, but the airport itself is black.

Can you help please...

Regards,

Christian PILET

Switzerland

Hello and Welcome Christian,

Before you can successfully run the installers, you must first

unzip or decompress the folders that you downloaded.

You can use a free utility such as 7 zip

or winzip

It is best to unzip the folder to different folder to where the

downloaded file is and then run the installer from there.

Hi Nick,

Yes indeed, I overlooked this. I actually knew it but just forgot this step. The package is now installed and running fine. I also installed the Palm Spring scenery. My FSX now looks transformed and is better than it has never been since 2007. Congrats to the ORBX team.

Regards,

Christian

Archived