Deep Canyons at YMML

VPMC

Hi, 

Bought and installed YMML. On hitting "Fly Now" I was positioned on a runway facing a cliff-wall. After slewing up and backwards it seemed that I was on the floor of a deep chasm that ran across the runway heading towards the apron (?taxiway).

Parts of the runway were correctly elevated, others looked like an earthquake ran thru them, so it does not seem to be an airport elevation problem

The nearby FTX YMMB seemed OK.  I removed the FTX YMML file from the scenery list and the default YMML appeared OK and properly elevated, so I am guessing that the issue lies in the FTX YMML pproduct or in its interaction with the underlying mesh.

The FTX region was set to Oceania and I use the FS Global Ultimate mesh.

Does anybody know what might be going on here? I can't find another similar report in this forum.

I would be happy to include some screenshots but I cant see any button on this editor to allow me attach one. How do others manage to do that?

Vincent

FSS0400422

Woohoo! #WizardOfOz

Really hope they're paying you well down there, Ed. It's perfect now!

Also, thanks for the link...learning FSX is quite an organic process...I don't expect to be bothering you anymore with AEC issues now that I understand them.

Rgds, V

Archived