SAK problem

marc2140

I recently bought this scenery: 2015-07-23 with Order Number: FSS0399104.

Of course I cannot controle everything but when I look at Skagway, there are several strange things:

In the marina the yachts are drowned, you see only the top of their masts.

In het harbour trucks, pallets and containers are hanging in the air.

The big cruiseship is not showing up.

I thought that installing RTMM's AI shipping project might be the cause, so I removed that completely. But this does not help.

What is wrong and what to do to fix it?

Regards

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

welcome to Orbx.

It does sound like you have a conflict with another add-on. Have you tried temporarily unchecking all third-party entries in your scenery library menu that might cover the Skagway area?

It's often difficult to make a specific diagnosis from verbal descriptions so a couple of representative screenshots would help us help you: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Also, make sure that your FSX display settings match what our manuals recommend, especially in terms of mesh sliders, and that you have the current Orbx Libraries installed: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

I unchecked every third party scenery in whole North America.

But it does not help.

I tried to follow your instructions to load some screen picturs, but I get completely different webpages from the ones that are shown in the instructions.

I don't know if this helps you, but these are the links that I got from uploading the 3 screenshots I made.

2015-8-7_0-32-21-411-2.jpg

2015-8-7_0-32-42-499-2.jpg

2015-8-7_0-32-56-201-2.jpg

The only other thing I still have been thinking of is elevation correction files or excluding files in previous add on sceneries, but I have no idea how I could trace these. Any suggestions?

If necessary I will make a complete uninstall of SAK, but then you have to give me detailed instructions, because I can't find any ftx unistall procedures. 

Thanks for helping me out.

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

thanks for posting the screenshots.

The entire Skagway shorefront is a modeled platform with a flattened area set to sealevel below it. It seems that the platform is placed correctly but that the objects placed on top of it, which rely on the 0-m flatten underneath, are hovering because the flatten doesn't work properly or gets excluded.

You can try placing the FTX block at the top of your scenery library (using the FTX Central insertion point tool); that will be a quick cross-check whether there's an issue with SAK itself or an overriding add-on. Also, are you perhaps using a third-party terrain mesh add-on for North America?

Also, you can search your entire FSX drive for .bgl files with the "PAGY" key word to look for add-on files for the airport that may still be active; as an example see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129

I doubt that re-installing SAK and its service pack 4 would make a difference but if you want to try it the uninstallation procedure is explained here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30377-uninstalling-na-regions-a-quick-guide/

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for your help Holger.

I had another issue with an RTMM water scenery. Their advice was to put all the display settings in FSX to the max (more or less like you advise in the manuals).

And guess what: by doing that the Skagway waterfront all of a sudden showed up flawlessly.

It's magic.

The only thing I am still missing now is the cruise ship.

I'll still experiment a bit, but if I can't find a solution, I'll come back to you if you don't mind.

Cheers

Marcel

Archived