FSX will not run after installing FTX Global Base

I installed FTX Global Base (FlightSim Store order No. FSS0348901). Now Flight Simulator X will not compleately load but aborts without warning back to the desktop, as if files are missing. Please advise how to properly uninstall Global Base and recover/reinstall the texture files I backed up. There are no instructions how to uninstall and revert to before installing Global Base.

Welcome.

Please have a look in your ORBX\Scripts folder

where you will find Uninstall_OrbxFTXGlobal.exe.

Right click on that and select Run as Administrator.

I think it is unlikely that FTX Global is the source

of your problem. It is simply a set of replacement textures.

Perhaps you might try re-installing it before you un-install it.

Thanks, Nick.

All the installs and uninstalls from days before installing FTX Global Base will not let FSX run past the music intro. I bought FTX Global Pack months ago from FSS but only installed it last week. It said version 130 (1.30) during installation. When I checked directories for what I now had it said version 110 (1.10). Trying to uninstall 1.10 I had NO notice of recovering or reverting to the old files. The uninstallation took a second, no disk activity, as if it aborted. Versions 110 and 130 seem not to know about each other. There never was a "Uninstall_FTXGlobal.exe" only uninstall 110. Now I am left with FSX that will not run beyond the intro music when it tries to load my most recent default aircraft and scenery. The Global Pack I downloaded months ago still had the old FTX Central in its files so It IS OLD. When I run FTX Central 2 it uninstalls the old FTX Central. Before it disappears, the old one still lists Global as active. The new one does also.

Reinstalling FSX-Acceleration had no effect on the problem. FSX loads to that musical point as is normal, and then aborts to the desktop with no warning or error message. Either the aircraft or scenery files are FUBAR. I do not want to remove all ORBX files and 200+ aircraft files to get it running again. There has to be a solution before that.

Thanks,

Bill

Hello Bill,

You describe a fault that is most unlikely to be as the result of installing

any of the FTX products.

I can make a couple of suggestions that you might like to try.

The first is to go to C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX

and delete the Shaders folders from there.

FSX will rebuild them when you restart it.

If that makes no difference, go to

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

and rename fsx.cfg to fsx.off.

This will stop FSX from seeing it and again, it will build a new one

when it restarts.

You will restart, if it works, at the default location of Friday Harbor and in

the default trike.

If it is still the same after that, I attach a default fsx scenery.cfg file.

Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX and rename your scenery.cfg file to scenery.off.

Unzip and copy the attached scenery.cfg into that folder.

If it is still the same, please come back.

There is one more thing to try if all the above steps fail.

If it is then working, re install your Global 1.30 and once done, the latest version

of the libraries.

Before you start FSX, make sure that you click on Apply in FTX Central.

scenery.zip

Archived