FSX cfg and Win 10

Dadtom65

Hi expresso01. Every thing i have Orbx wise are working in Win 10 plus all so have Ultimate Traffic 2, planG, and any thing else seems to be ok, the only thing I am have trouble with is setting up my two monitors. I have one the main one for FSX and other stuff, and the other one for the likes of Plan G. I like to run FSX in windowed mode so I can use the other monitor but FSX keeps coming up on the smaller screen. Think I have to force FSX to run in windowed mode so I can drag it across to the other screen but have forgotten what to put in the FSX cfg. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Derek.

Out of interest you can now access your FSX.cfg from the latest version released this week from Steve's DX10 fixer V2.9 menu.

For me and after a new install I will go to my original FSX.cfg, this file wont exist until you have run FSX at least once BTW ... then right click and choose from drop down menu to save to deskptop, once its on the desktop I'll drag it next to my FSX icon and rename it to what I want ... Typically FSX Config, you can lose the file extension for short cuts and yes the shortcut on desktop does edit the real fsx.cfg at its original location and take effect ... furthermore I'll right click the icon, choose properties and at bottom click change icon then choose a better looking icon, I use the default MS magnifying glass as an appropriate one :)

Same procedure works for FSX Steam or P3D too ... or any shortcut really.

Final words from me on editing the fsx.cfg and especially if you are experimenting is to make a backup of the original first (obviously backing up a shortcut wont work) and even if you accidentally delete your fsx.cfg or really mess it up and need to delete it ... just opening FSX again will create a brand new one.

You cant go wrong :)

Archived