a few general questions

FGM02011981

i am completely overchallenged with all this library and configurator tools.

maybe we could clarify some things here :- 

1. what does the moduleinstaller.exe do

2. i read so many times "install library again after every new add on" , do i have to uninstall(cause there is no uninstaller)         the library first or just run the installer again?

3. whats this about arranging the library entries, do i have to do something in there? i dont get the purpose of the library.

cant this just run automatically i guess its too difficult for me i dont get it.

4.how do i make a clean uninstall of airports for example(no uninstaller)

there are entries in folders(dll s and whatnot) everywhere.

hmm what else, i just tried to "install" stralsund airport. somehow its not working i get a "simconnect dll missing error"

it says i should reinstall sdk?!?

i would have a thousand more questions but i cant think of any at the moment.

anyway i would be really greatful to clear up some things here.

In order:

1. "what does the moduleinstaller.exe do"

This program installs a file used by many of the FTX regions, and most of the FTX Airports... It's called "ObjectFlow" and is what controls a lot of the dynamic and animated elements you'll see around FTX scenery. The moduleinstaller.exe simply installs this required file as and when necessary. 

2. "i read so many times "install library again after every new add on" , do i have to uninstall(cause there is no uninstaller)         the library first or just run the installer again?"

No need to uninstall, indeed as you have found, there is no way to do this anyway. Just run the latest library installer and you're good to go.

3. whats this about arranging the library entries, do i have to do something in there? i dont get the purpose of the library.

cant this just run automatically i guess its too difficult for me i dont get it.

Ok... First, I'll explain the Scenery Library. Some get it confused with the FTX Library (as in point 2, installed after an FTX product), but the FTX Library and the Simulators Scenery Library are very different things... All you need to know is that the FTX Library is basically a list of models that your sim can call and use when it needs them, and your simulator's scenery library is the list of addons you have installed.

This list of addons places priority to the most recently installed product... in other words, if you install a 3rd party KSEA (Seattle Airport) after FTX PNW (FTX full region), you will see the 3rd party version because it has priority and "overwrites" the FTX version.

FTX product installers will always try and place the scenery items exactly where they need to go, but with so many other addons available, sometimes this doesn't work as intended. There is however a way to manually instruct the FTX Central application and tell it exactly where the FTX products should go into the scenery library. This step however is only needed if you are having problems. As mentioned, 9 times out of ten, the FTX installers work automatically and need no further input. 

4. "how do i make a clean uninstall of airports for example(no uninstaller) there are entries in folders(dll s and whatnot) everywhere"

In your simulators folder, there is a folder named "ORBX" Inside that folder, there are a number of folders, ending in _Global, _EU, _NA etc. Open the folder that corresponds to the airport you wish to uninstall (so for Stralsund, EDBH, That is an FTX Global Airport, so open the "FTX_GLOBAL" folder. In there, you will see  a folder for EDBH... remove this folder.

Next, in the ORBX folder, you will see a folder called "Scripts". Open this, and delete anything with EDBH in the name. (there should be two files... one beginning "ORBX_CPL_" and another beginning "scenerylib_")

Next, in the ORBX folder, you will see a folder called "User Documents". Open this, and delete the EDBH manual.

Next, Open your user folders and find the Orbx FTX Central folder, then the Products folder (in my case, it's C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Orbx\Products, but you will have to look under your own user name). Delete any file referencing EDBH.

Finally, run FTX Central and apply the group you wish to use (Global, North America etc) to ensure the simulator's scenery library is updated and EDBH removed.

5.   hmm what else, i just tried to "install" stralsund airport. somehow its not working i get a "simconnect dll missing error"

it says i should reinstall sdk?!?

This could indicate that you do not have a compatible Simconnect module installed. This will vary based on which simulator you are using, but do a google search for your sim version and "simconnect"... you should get links in the results to the correct, most up to date module. Install it, then try again.

i would have a thousand more questions but i cant think of any at the moment.

anyway i would be really greatful to clear up some things here.

Hope this helps a little...

Orbx products are expanding all the time and increasing in complexity and number... I would recommend the following "quick start" guide... it helps explain some of the basics and might help in the future.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

the guide also is included with the latest FTX Central V2 application... Just click on "Orbx Guide" in the bottom left of the screen when opened.

wow nice works thanks a lot for taking some time for me.

i thing i start to get this(at least a bit)

that was a nice simple explanation(have you tried to find 1 in the forum ;))

cause if you are missing the "basics" you feel like wth am i doing here.

and nice support btw, well ok the time shift maybe the major reason i get feedbacks so quick :D

thanks and see you soon.

No worries! Just take it step by step, ask questions, there will be always somebody willing to help! Fortunately, as Rob's writing, the installers take care of everything in an absolute majority of cases.

If there is a need to reorganize the library sequence I like to use the Scenery ConfigEditor (google it). It is free and the interface is much simpler for me. I'm lazy and simple works for me best...

special thanks to rob newman again.

did everything you wrote step by step ("problem" #4) all is nice and dandy.

had rügen and stralsund installed(nice job btw) but somehow they were affecting each other ??? .

two such high class airfields so close together did not work for me fsp wise.

so one of them had to go :

anyway thanks   

Archived