Windowed FSX in Nvidia Surround

chumley

A couple of days ago my hard drive failed (Operating system) and as a result I had to reload Win7 64. 

I have installed FSX on it's own drive from scratch and have set up my three identical monitors to give me a resolution of 5760 x 1080 (6000 x 1080 bezel corrected).

When I open FSX it displays in the centre screen only and even after changing the internal display setting in FSX to match the bezel corrected size it refuses to span across the three screens.

If I go to 'Full Screen' it does extend correctly but that defeats the purpose because I need to be able to access the taskbar whilst flying.

The system operated correctly prior to the drive failure but I can't for the life of me find the missing link between frustration and happiness.

I have set the FSX,cfg WideAspecteView to true and have the Vista Uiautomationcore.dll loaded as before. They are the only tweeksa apart from having loaded EFB, FSPilots FSGlobal 2010 FTX, FTXGlobal and FTX Vector, PMDG NGX and T7, the Aerosoft Airbuses and FSUIPC (Registered version).

Right now I'm somewhere between havinga full head of hair and bald as I keep scratching my head as to what is missing.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

I have found and fixed the problem. Again!! ::)

In the nVidia Control panel, when I unchecked the option to keep the taskbar on the centre screen and allow it to expand across all three I either neglected to check the button below to expand windows across all screens or inadvertently unchecked it.

The simplest of fixes but with the maximum of annoyance and frustration.

Archived