No scenery titles in FSX Scenery Area

Hi

I have a problem which I cannot seem to resolve.

1. Last week I bought FSX Steam and installed it on my new laptop and was pretty impressed with the results.

2. I then bought and downloaded Orbx PNW scenery which installed and worked fine.

3. To add to the experience I downloaded the free Orbx Bowerman and Vashon which all installed and worked properly.

4. I then installed the Boxed version of Playsim Generation X VFR Scenery for Southern England. After it installed I went to the Settings Scenery Library and was confronted with a no titles in the Scenery Area list. Not only had the VFR scenery not appeared but I also noticed that the other recently installed sceneries were not functioning.

5. After much head scratching I uninstalled all the files including FSX and tried to install it again thinking that would resolve matters .

6. But the scenery library of the default FSX Steam still had no titles in the Scenery Area list.

7. As an experiment I also installed Orbx PNW scenery again and noticed that only those files appeared but none of the default FSX titles and I had no success in loading the other free Orbx Bowerman and Vashon sceneries!

8. I suspect the issue revolves around the Generation X VFR scenery but I am at a loss to know how to get back to the original functioning settings under 1,2 and 3 above!!

Any advice would be very much appreciated (I am not very technical minded though!) Thanks in anticipation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four things:

1. To obtain technical support please add your Flightsimstore order number to your signature

2. You have posted your support request in the Community Scenery Addons forum which not the right place. I have moved it to the FSX:SE support forum

3. Orbx is not responsible for any damage done to your scenery.cfg by other vendor's addons. You will likely need to pursue the issue at the Horizon support forums

4. You seem to be making 4-5 topics at once. This may be caused by internet lag at your end, so please only press the "post" button once and wait for a response from your browser. Multiple copies of your posts will be deleted.

Sorry, I am new to this forum but have now added my order number to my signature. I will also contact Horizon for advice as well. Again I am not familiar with the protocols so listed all the issues as the seemed related to me. Thanks.

Archived