Another quick question.

Dadtom65

Hi meant to ask this in my last post. How often should you run FSX after installing any thing. Every time you install a scenery or airport ? Or can you install a couple of things before you need to run FSX. Thanks Derek.

You could probably maybe install a couple of things. I start FSX after every install so the product gets written properly instead of possibly getting mixed up with another scenery. It takes only a minute and could save a hassel.

I understand. I'm that way also about a lot of FSX stuff. I've just never had to do it with ORBX sceneries. They seem to have the installers do the right thing every time. Can't say the same about some "other" FSX add-ons though ::) ..... 

Doug

Hi Guys. Well that's the trouble, I had nearly installed all of my stuff mainly Orbx. Think I started it once, all I had left to do was a few aircraft and when I started FSX, it whent crazy like you could not see the aircraft, you could hear it. Think it played up after changing views a few times, just locked up and when started again the same. It seems ok now with just the basic FSX. Derek.

Every time after I add anything to FSX, I run FSX for a minute or so, then I restart my computer and run FSX again for a few minutes.  Before I did this, I had a lot of problems.  After I did this, everything has been running very smoothly.

Dan

Hi guys. Yes that's what I have just done. After installing some thing I started FSX and flew around a bit. Seems ok so far, more or less back to where I was before, he says with every thing crossed. Just a load of airports and aircraft left to install. Derek.

Archived