remaining vector entry in scenery library after FSX reinstall

RickD

Hi,

due to some problems with strange error messages I decided to completely reinstall FSX:SE.

First I did an uninstall via the steam delete local data function. Then I manually deleted the remaining folders in Steamapps, appdata local and appdata roaming. Then I ran CCleaner and it found and removed several FSX and ORBX entries.

After I downloaded FSX in Steam again  and starting FSX for the first time, I received an error message:

SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery diretory (ORBX\FTX_VETOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\SCENERY) in scenery Area.003 not found. Click Ok to continue.

So I clicked OK and took a look into the scenery library. There is indeed an entry called "ORBX!VECTOR_AEC, Priority 29".

How can this even be possible on a fresh install? I have not installed a single addon yet.

I tried to delete this entry but it is not possible. There is a message "Area ORBX!VECTOR_AEC is required and can not be deleted"

Is there a way to delete this entry anyway?

How can I get a really fresh install of FSX:SE without reinstalling Windows again?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

The scenery.cfg file lives in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX and it looks like you didn't

delete the FSX folder from there.

The best thing to do, I think, is to delete the whole FSX folder from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\

and let FSX Steam build another, which will be just the default scenery.

If at any point in the future you want to remove the Vector entry, here is how

If you can't uncheck the ORBX!VECTOR_AEC folder you'll need to go to your scenery.cfg

in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX (P3D is located under "Lockheed Martin") , locate its entry

and change "REQUIRED=TRUE" to "REQUIRED=FALSE"

Hi,

due to some problems with strange error messages I decided to completely reinstall FSX:SE.

Hi, and I decided to keep my FSX:SE and investigate instead, with some strange error messages too.

RickD, could you pls visit the neighbouring thread below and see it it rings a bell for you?

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/99721-random-errors-at-start-up/

Thanks.

Archived