an OpenLC for Japan ?

dominique

I am exploring a Global Japan these days.

With the Global textures, Vector bringing exact shorelines and hydro/road networks, the Ultimate mesh and an excellent  freeware landclass that I found, this is not so far from the OpenLC type of scenery. Not yet there, mind you, but it shows this is something within the realm of possibility. The OrbX realm of possibility :) . Don't tell me that Japan is scheduled in Asia Major, I know. But one can wonder, right ?

Hey Dominique. While I wait for an Orbx region or an Asia LC product - could you share the location of the freeware LC for Japan? FTX Global textures without a land class to guide them are lovely, but you know when you see fields and villages over the tops of the mountains that it could look better.

Hi Pod

Glad to see that that there's a interest, albeit minimal :), for Japan on this forum  !

The landclass was made by a Japanese simmer who closed his site. The only place I know where to get it, is from the <cough> GEX site <\cough> (I send you a PM). It is just a landclass so it works as well in the OrbX suite. 

You do also have about 15 pretty good freeware airports at flightsim.com (nothing much at Avsim). In P3D, you need to do the hidden taxiway correction for some of  them.

Archived