Floating buildings and AI aircraft

cbruce

Order no FSS0313336 2014-09-05, running P3D 2.5, only add-on scenery is FTX Global base, global vector and global LC Europe, UK2000 EGKK and EGLL and Flightsim EDDF and EHAM

When on vatsim (vpilot), when i am at a departing aircraft, all AI aircraft are fine, but when I get to the arrival airport, the AI is taxiing or parked in the air (about 50-100 ft)! 

Destination airport is a default airport (eg EDDS it happened)

Also at EGKK (addon from UK2000) I have some buildings floating in the air, about the same height as the AI aircraft float as mentioned above.  When departing from this airport all AI aircraft are at correct elevation, I have not tried arriving.

I ran the AEC tool, notice that EGKK was not mentioned there, although EDDS is.

Unsure if the above are the same issue or 2 separate issues.  Maybe the AI problem arises if others online have a different  FS or elevation, although when it happens it seems only I have the issue.

I have also raised this with UK2000 and vpilot

Here are some pics:

http://1drv.ms/1CEmgAI

Best

Charles

Forget the EGKK issue above, I discovered this is something else.

I never got this when I was on FSX with Vpilot, just started after I moved to a fresh install of W7 and P3d 2.5 with FTX global vector, global base and Global Europe. I had same problem at EDDK today (see photo) but when I later departed from EHAM all other AI were absolutely fine (about 8 of them). I am not totally sure but seems it is occurring mostly at German airports. Unsure if this is because P3D has updated elevations or if P3d is outdated and there is maybe an Aerosoft German Airports series with correct elevations.  EDDK and EDDS are both default with me, but EHAM is an add-on.  So is this because the FTX AEC has adjusted elevations to real at EDDK and EDDS, whereas other non FTX users online are on the old FSX elevations, so I should exclude them from the AEC tool?

http://1drv.ms/1Htc7fF

Ok, I see in the AEC that all the airports that I have encountered a problem are included in the AEC (EDDK, EDDS, LEMD) but those where i don't have  a problem are not included (EHAM, EGKK).

This really is a BIG issue for online flying as there are many users still on the FSX elevations.  Can you include in a future release to disable AEC completely?  For those of us online flying the AEC tool is looking for the wrong thing:  it is looking for add-on scenery using FSX elevations but more important to the online flyewr is having same elevations as other users

Archived