FSX:SE worked well until..... Has this happened to you.

Hi. I have recently rebuilt my PC system with Win 8.1 64 bit and then loaded FSX:SE with great success. I have been loading 3rd party addons a bit by bit testing along the way.

I ran into trouble now after following Martin's [steam community FSX support] advice to run the Verify files via the Steam client. This ran ok but after running FSX:SE the next time and starting a new free flight, I took approx 30 minutes to load. Not long afterwards it CTD low on memory.

I rebooted and loaded a new flight at a small airport with my autogen slider dropped down from 1 above normal to normal and although the flight loaded a bit quicker (35min) the flight ended after a few minutes with another CTD.

Prior to this I noticed strange rectangle patterns in the sky and sound would take a while to come back.

I run in DX10 comp mode with Steve's DX10 fixer. And as I mentioned I was having no issue (very happy in fact) prior to running the Verify files process. I have since tried DX9 mode and updated my Nvidia graphics and sound drivers but this made no difference.

Can you offer advice please.

A bit more background. So far I have loaded ORBX FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC EU with updates. Pilots FX: Global 2010 mesh. ORBX AU SP4.2 and all payware and freeware Airports. OZx freeware airports (3.1-2-3-4). Other Addons include Alabeo R66 and Realair's Legacy Lancair. All of this performed without a hitch

I have also purchased and installed Steam DLC Oban Airport and Lionheart DA-40. It was just after this that I ran the Verify files process.

I have been reading my notes and see that at the time I ran "Verify game cache" I received a message "8310 files failed and will be reactivated". This may be significant.

Also I have noted the appinfo.txt file in the steam\logs folder which I have added in case this lends a clue. This log starts from when I first installed FSX:SE on June 18.

Here is a Dropbox link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gr0acyg3hz3fycx/appinfo_log.txt?dl=0

The time I Ran the "Varify game cache" was just prior to 10:00am local EAT on Tue June 23, 2015.

Archived