People Flow Issue, 7S3 Stark's Twin Oaks

Case

Initially, the scenery had people at various locations throughout the airport. Beyond the first few uses, all of the figures have disappeared. I have not made any setting changes. Remedies  I have tried includes; turning off the people flow, shutting down the game then a restart and reengaging people flow. Also have deleted and reloaded the airport. I have checked every setting and ensured that the settings recommended in the manual are duplicated in my simulator. I noticed that the illustration of the control panel in the manual differs a bit from the one in my program. The illustrated one in the manual has two "People Flow" setting choices whereas the live simulator only has one People Flow choice.  If anyone has a suggestion I am open to trying anything. Thanks in advance, Case.

BTW. I live within a few miles of Stark's and frequent the airport. The Orbx replication is absolutely amazingly accurate.

Thank you Tim, Unfortunately during the process of loading the first Orbxlibs I am getting an error message. This is the message I am receiving in a ModuleInstaller Error box reads:
Error: the DLL module "Objectflow.dll" (or""/""?) that is due to be installed was not found.

People flow works fine at Bowerman airport. Sorry not sure how to resolve the error issue and upload the updated libraries. 

Thanks for any assistance.  Best Case

Thanks Alex I really appreciate the quick response. I went to the offline update. The  Application extension that seems appropriate is ObjectFlow_OfflineUpdate_FSX.dll.  when clicking on it I am asked what program I want to use to open the application extension. None work. The only option that I can run is the "ObjectFlowUpdate.exe" which runs a diagnostic and returns indicating that all Object Flow models are up to date.
So what is my next step?  Again, thank you so much for the fast support.  Case

ObjectFlowUpdate.exe is the correct one, the DLL's are just supporting modules. 

I think I may have just discovered your issue by mistake though :) The error message given by the ModuleInstaller.exe indicates that the ObjectFlow.dll file is not in the current directory. I deleted my own module and stumbled upon that. Could you navigate to C:\...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery and look to see if "ObjectFlow.dll" is present? 

If it is missing there are two easy ways you can restore it, first would be delete the entire FTXAA_ORBXLIBS folder from C:\...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\ and re-run the libraries installer (or via FTX Central 2).

Otherwise if you'd rather not go through that, I've attached a copy of the ObjectFlow DLL file that you can drop in to C:\...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery, no deleting or reinstalling necessary. Just unzip the file and drop the .DLL into the directory.

ObjectFlow.zip

And if it still produces an error... we'll keep investigating.

Cheers,

Alex

Alex I am trying to drop the .dll file and will let you know what happens. One problem I believe I will now have is that my computer is converting the .dll file into an Adobe Acrobat document....

Alex the result was successful:

• Yes you were correct my "ObjectFlow.dll" was missing from C:\...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery
  • I chose to drop "ObjectFlow.dll" into the scenery file (while it defaulted to an Adobe document, it worked)
  • I was able to upload the Orbxlibs update for FSX successfully.

In a few minutes I will retry Stark's Twin Oaks and will let you know if the people have returned. What I now am wondering is how did I loose my "ObjectFlow.dll"?

Alex,

Wow, all is back to normal. I am getting an unusual warning when I open FSX that refers to not recognizing the "third party" software Object Flow, but gives me an option to ignore the warning. So the folks are back at Twin Oaks. The gal walking is circles is a bit spooky but none-the-less it is nice to see the full range of objects again. Please let Tim Harris know of the success and extend my appreciation to him as well. I am very pleased with Orbx and do admire the amazing improvement to the flight simulator enjoyment your scenery provides. As I indicated I regularly go to Twin Oaks to enjoy the planes and their picnic observation area. It is incredible the exacting detail your scenery reflects of the real airport. You might be interested to know that the Stark's have added a rock retaining wall and extending gravel parking area below and on the hanger side of the picnic area (where bushes and a bench are in your scenery). Did someone from Orbx travel to Twin Oaks to do the research for the detail?

Also is there any possible future plans to detail and offer the Hillsboro, Oregon Airport, KHIO?
Thank you again so much, Case

What I now am wondering is how did I loose my "ObjectFlow.dll"?

That I'm not so sure about, it's possible that upon installing the libraries for the first time something prevent the module from being placed in the correct directory. 

Wow, all is back to normal. I am getting an unusual warning when I open FSX that refers to not recognizing the "third party" software Object Flow, but gives me an option to ignore the warning. 

Good to hear that worked, the pop-up you're getting is normal. It occurs when FSX has been shut off before the module can initialize on the last run, it can be safely ignored and should go away on the next start or the one after.

Did someone from Orbx travel to Twin Oaks to do the research for the detail?

Also is there any possible future plans to detail and offer the Hillsboro, Oregon Airport, KHIO?

Thank you again so much, Case

A photographer traveled out to Twin Oaks, I'm not sure who took the photos, it may have been Bill Womack the developer as he lived out in the Portland area at the time... 

Unfortunately no plans for KHIO, I know it well though from the FS9 Portland scenery. However since you're local to the area you may be interested in a small piece of freeware I did back in the day released via OZx: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1856-ozx-1or4-north-plains/A little glider field just north of Hillsboro, I've heard there was some work done on the airfield in the past few years but it should still be fairly accurate :)

What a small world! I know the glider park near North Plains and some years ago I downloaded the scenery that you produced. When I located it on some web site somewhere I was amazed as to the accuracy, even the name and phone number on the port-a-potty is accurate. Great work! What a coincidence that we meet this way. Your work is great and really appreciated. 

Thanks again and best to you, Case

Archived