how to unistall from FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS listings

spinker

Hi Spinker,

Generally each FTXG airports has three files, two starting with ADE_FTX_FTXG_ and an objects file starting FTX_FTXG_.  You need to find the three files for the airport you want to "remove" and add ".off" to each of them.  This will remove them from being loaded.  A few that Todd Harrell did have an additional _GP file, add the .off to these also to keep them from showing up.  Then restart FSX if it was active as objects stay in place once displayed in FSX.  To reinstate them simply remove the ".off"

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Neil

Hello,

I tried 1 more time to delete an airport that was part of the NA Airport Pack, the airport I wanted to remove was KLCI I found 3 files that seemed to represent KLCI, I then
renamed them adding ".OFF to the end  each of the 3 files. When I started FSX  I received the following error mesages.

SCENERY.DAT file error. Close Flight Simulator, and delete
                                  orbx\ftx_global\ftx_ftxg_airports\Scenery\ade_ftx_ftx
                                 click ok to continue

this message came up about 4 -5 times while loadig FSX, clicking on OK allowed the FSX installation to continue except the last time the message appeared the installation
locked up and I had to quit and remove the .OFF renamed files.

So I was not able to delete KLCI usng the .OFF method. So I just "deleted" the (saved to another location) 3 files and all worked out OK. I had a conflict with  NA Airport Pack KLCI and another KLCI file but this corrected the problem.

Problem resolved

Spinker

Archived