Level D 767 or CLS 767?

Hey guys,

I am planning to buy a good payware add on for boeing 767 in fsx, and so far 80% my mind is made up for LEVEL D. but i would like to also hear from the experienced users present in this forum, who might own both these add ons or may be one of them. So please give in your pros and cons associated with these so that i can make an informed decision.

I read that CLS 767 uses fs9 native models, which is a big negative point. I hope some one can throw light on this too. Also say with respect to frames and performance.

cheers and thanks

govind

Personally, Level D 767 would be the most accurate but it looks incredibly dated, which would be a "no" for me. 

CLS makes incredibly basic aircraft from my experience, so I'd also not go with them.

Personally, I'd purchase the Captain Sim 767. I know a lot goes around about them selling bad products that don't work and what not, but as a proud owner of nearly their entire fleet, I can personally say they make some pretty high quality aircraft. People will say they sell incomplete products, that their products don't work, that the systems are trash, and all sorts of other stuff, but when in reality this was only true for their 757 on it's initial release, which was quite incomplete; but at it's current state, I find the same joy in flying it that I find flying the NGX. To me, the 757/767 are amazing airliners, everything on them work perfectly for me and I've loved every minute of flying them. I honestly don't understand all the bashing of Captain Sim, they make awesome planes. 

As far as systems go, they have everything you'd need for normal operating procedures. The systems on the 757/767 are really easy to learn if you have experience with any other Boeing, in fact the 757/767 are nearly like a 737 except with buttons instead of switches! The 767 also includes a full cabin that you can toggle on or off to suite your tastes, as well as tons of features and animations such as adjustable seats, sun visors, etc. You'll spend as much time messing around with all the animations as flying the aircraft, it's a real joy for me! All Captain Sim's products include an extensive library of repaints on their website as well! I must also add that as far as performance goes, I get 40+ on my rig in most ORBX airports, you're system looks to be more powerful than mine so you'll have no problem running the 767 in heavy scenery!

Whatever you buy is your choice, but out of the three 767s available, I'd definitely buy the Captain Sim 767, hands down. One thing however, just remember to purchase it directly from Captain Sim, I had some issues with the 757 I bought at The Flightsim Store not being the latest version available (Patch 1.6) and not being able to download the free repaints available from captain Sim's website that are only available if you purchase directly. 

Whatever you buy, have fun flying and remember to post some screenshots for us!

thanks dude for the reply...but after reading tons of forums , reviews and all..captain sim 767 has some pretty bad reviews, poor

performance being one of the major issues. Look wise it is the best, but it does not simulate many systems, it is incomplete and also lacks some major systems. On the other hand level D simulates everything but an older VC graphics.

This is y i didnt even consider buying Captain sim 767. And as far as 757 is concerned, i think qualitywings is the best out there. hands down! I own it and love it.

I am not a virtual cabin lover, and hence presence of it in captain sim doesnt attract me at all...Price wise both level D and captain sim are same, with level D giving better performance and much better system and least bugs than captain sim. So finally i concluded to exclude captain sim from my wish list and narrowed it down to these two( though i know CLS is not that great, but good frames).

cheers

Archived