Virtual Airline Recommendations

Good Evening All, 

Quick question for this wonderful community! Does anyone happen to have recommendations for a solid virtual airline to join? I'm currently working towards my private pilots license, and would love to join a community of hobbyists, enthusiasts, pilots, etc. Any resources, links, or even VA names would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Benjamin

I think the hardest part of getting your PPL is radio communication, at least for me it was, and what better place to start but with VATSIM community. They can also give you tons of good suggestion on the best VA to join.

Benjamin,

If you are working on your PPL and even plan to take your real world training beyond the PPL, I enthusiastically suggest you check out Pilot Edge. Pilot Edge is a paid ATC service for not only flight sim enthusiasts, but also commercial flight training operations. Most of the Pilot Edge controllers are either retired air traffic controllers or ATC students. They are all very professional and do it the right way, and service is available 15 hours every day. Right now the service area is limited to the Los Angeles ARTCC and KSFO, but it was recently revealed by the CEO on Facebook that PE will be expanding soon. It really is a great way to build confidence talking to ATC, whether flying VFR or IFR. Pilot Edge has several workshops on YouTube if you are interested in knowing more. There are a few VA's that fly on Pilot Edge, FYI. If you are interested you can try Pilot Edge for 2 weeks at no cost.

Cheers,

Todd

Archived