Bella coola issues

anthonyw

Hi guys, first time I've needed to use the forum so here goes.

I've been an Orbx customer for some time luckily with no issues whatsoever. However I've just purchased and installed Bella coola and something isn't right.

When I head away from the airport, say 1 mile out, the runway and some building start to flash in a crazy manner. As it's just this airport affected I'm a bit perplexed to what it could be . Any advice welcome.

Flightsim store FSS0387808

This has been the case since it's release and it seems you're/we're stuck with it. IF I go to Bella Coola I make a point on not looking at the airport whilst in the 1500'-2500' range. Look somewhere else. ::)

EDIT: Welcome, btw. :D

Greetings

Bella Coola is an amazing airport but almost to heavy on resources.

Dreamer

Regarding the Bella Coola airport's performance, I discovered that the heavy grass was a major reason for CYBD causing low FPS rates for me, especially when flying near the airport's runway itself.  When I used the CYBD control panel to change from "Grass Heavy" to "Grass Lite", my CYBD performance improved significantly. Much smoother now.

Thanks for your responses...my grass is set to light and as a result the frame rate is hanging around 30 which I'm happy with.

Are Orbx aware of this issue and will they produce a patch?

Poor form if it's left as it is. I'd rather have the default if that's the case. It's simple awful watching the runway flashing on approach.

Hi guys, first time I've needed to use the forum so here goes.

I've been an Orbx customer for some time luckily with no issues whatsoever. However I've just purchased and installed Bella coola and something isn't right.

When I head away from the airport, say 1 mile out, the runway and some building start to flash in a crazy manner. As it's just this airport affected I'm a bit perplexed to what it could be . Any advice welcome.

Flightsim store FSS0387808

please have a look into this older thread, where some fixes were discussed regarding runway flickering at Bella Coola:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/57751-flashing-ftx-runways-anacortes-orcas-bella-coola/?hl=%20bella%20%20coola

Thank you,

I took a look but no solution. So strange that it's the only airport that does this.

Might have to bin it off as a bad job and return to the pjf default.

It's too painful to watch so bad is the flickering.

Archived