Pago Pago Problem

Jon Green

I have just installed Pago Pago but I am experiencing some strange issues with terrain elevation. On all airports the surrounding sea appears to be hills covered in water textures. There is also a deep trench just off the beach and again covered in water textures. Next to Ofu is a series of sharp pyramid spiked shapes.

Has anyone else seen these problems?

Your kind advice would be appreciated.

JON GREEN

Order Ref FSS0389864

Hi Jon,

Sounds most odd

Make sure you install the latest Orbxlibs, and select [Global] in FTXCentralV2, and 'Apply group'

Also ensure you have your FSX Mesh complexity slider at 100, and Mesh resolution at 5m as per the NSTU manual

Post up a picture if you can, see here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers

Hi Jon,

You are missing the custom NSTU shorelines, something within your FSX scenery library must be interfering with NSTU.

Can you untick everything above FTX_AA_NSTU in your FSX scenery library, then press OK, and report back (while in sim, press World>>Scenery Library)

Hmm,

Can you please try reinstalling NSTU again, perhaps right click the installer and click 'Run as admin'

Then re-apply [Global] in FTXcentral (make sure to press 'Apply group')

If problem still exists please confirm you have a file called CVX_American_samoa_shorelines.bgl in FSX/ORBX/FTX_PI/FTX_AA_NSTU/Scenery/

Hi Tim

All has been fine until this evening when my problem reappeared.

I did some flying around Oz and switched from Global to Oceania and then back again. Suddenly the odd stuff on the coastlines reappeared!

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Kind regards

JON

Hi Jon,

Nothing changes (behind the scenes) with NSTU when you switch between Oceania and Global, the same flatten/waterpoly files still do their job regardless of the position of FTXcentral

But something is odd is happening at your end to be causing this, and I have no idea or clue what it is

Using Vector?, using FSGlobal-Ultimate terrain mesh? another version of American Samoa..maybe a freeware one lurking, anything really!

Cheers

Archived