GEoGuessr, fun to play

dominique

Being a simmer, I guess you love geography so you may love that free internet game.

Easy to learn but challenging to score. You get a ground view out of Google Earth on your screen and you have to guess where you are.  As you can't most of the time, to find out you move the view to the next GE pic and to the next and to the next etc. till you find clues (road signs, road advertisements, monuments etc.) and make a guess. The closer the guess, the bigger the score.

It might sound crazy, but this is a really great game to play with a friend as well as by yourself!

I remember playing it with my brother last year and after many, many failed (some almost embarrassing) attempts at guessing we managed to nail one to within 300m, pretty satisfying!

It might sound crazy, but this is a really great game to play with a friend as well as by yourself!

I remember playing it with my brother last year and after many, many failed (some almost embarrassing) attempts at guessing we managed to nail one to within 300m, pretty satisfying!

Challenging somebody can also be quite fun. 300 m is good !

It's brilliant!  Thanks, Dominique!

It's certainly hard, but satisfying if you get within ballpark - I managed 14971 at first attempt.  As you say, clues like road signs seem to be the way to do it.

Pretty good ! The best I ever did was something like a circular error of 30 m in a God forsaken city of Belarus. Was kind of proud of myself ::)  :lol: ! One I remember too was in a rural shantytown with dirt roads, close to another small town that you had to find, in the heart of Brazil ! Don't remember the score but I was pretty close.

A brilliant game as you said.

Archived