A2A or Carenado.

Dadtom65

Don't forget flysimware. There graphics aren't the best but their systems modeling in their Conquest II and MU-2, particularly their Garret turboprop engine simulation are dead on. They have a Lear 35A in the works. They also offer GTN and Reality XP WX radar integration in the conquest and MU2.

Realair's Duke turboprop is great too, but can cause fsx crashes and while they too offer GTN integration there is no WX radar integration which is completely unrealistic in a Duke turboprop.

Milviz King Air 350i looks like it will be amazing when it is finished. Good proline 21 simulation (electronic checklists, EGPWS, electronic charts). Hopefully will include WX radar or again would be unrealistic and a deal breaker for me!

John

How realistic is that WX radar integration? The reason I ask is that PMDG resisted the urge to include a weather radar in their products until a solution became available that allowed them to do it properly (ie. detect actual regions of precipitation, rather than just clouds).

How realistic is that WX radar integration? The reason I ask is that PMDG resisted the urge to include a weather radar in their products until a solution became available that allowed them to do it properly (ie. detect actual regions of precipitation, rather than just clouds).

Well I have only used it with active sky next, so I don't know if that matters or not. I have flown through plenty of clouds that do not appear on radar. I have seen returns on the radar but they aren't in my flight path, so I'm not sure how realistic it's working. I've never been in precipitation that didn't display on the radar. Because its from reality XP and was released during their hayday (I don't know why they haven't released a product in years) and their other products like their Garmin and sandel gauges were 100% realistic I'm guessing their radar is realistic or they would not have released it.

-John

Archived