How to use AEC Configurator?!

simurq

I'm afraid I don't grasp the notion of AEC configuration tool... :(

I want to fly from 67L (Mesquite) to KGCN (Grand Canyon). Both of these airports are represented in Orbx Freewares for NA. However, I have installed KGCN by OZx which comes together with the Grand Canyon scenery. Now, what should I do with the AEC tool? - I ran it in auto-configuration mode thus enabling it to scan all the sceneries I have installed and activated in Scenery.cfg and it shows both 67L and KGCN as disabled.

Is it supposed to be like this, disabled? Or, do I need to re-enable the airport in question, KGCN, because it's a third-party (OZx) scenery and leave 67L as it is, disabled (Orbx freeware)?

Thanks!

Greeetings,

The AEC merely attempts to correct Elevation issues between an airport and Global Vector. It isn't disabling the airport itself, but deciding whether the scenery will play nicely or will display the "plateaus" of mis-matched elevation (such as airport in a trench). Your OZx freeware KGCN should display correctly as long as the airport is in the correct order within the Library.

Fly it, if it looks good, no problems, if the terrain at OZx KGCN is all screwed up, only THEN should you re-enable the AEC for KGCN.

Respectfully,

Brian

Thanks, Brian!!! That's what I did - slewed around the airport and everything seems good so far with AEC disabled for both airports. OZx KGCN sits on top of all Orbx stuff in the scenery library, so I'm on the safe side. And I better keep it like that for now...

Cheers,

Rustam

Archived