FSGlobal Ultimate

skywreck

Managed to get the above and immediately started installing it with the Migration tool enabled. It all took quite a while but when each DVD pack finished installing a .Net Framework error appeared indicating

that the installer couldn't find terrain.cfg due probably to the fact it is not in the same directory as it was before. Then after registering the product found and downloaded the P3D installer and opted for the second option, as I didn't fancy spending several hours redoing the installations. What I don't know is if the latest installers did fix the scenery.cfg issue by adding the relevant entries. If not, is there a different way

of fixing this that doesn't involve reinstalling everything? - Thanks in advance.

Thank you Martin.

I  just realised that where I wrote scenery.cfg I meant to write terrain.cfg - Apologies.

Basically when DVD set is installed with Migration Tool the installer cannot find the terrain.cfg file, this means whatever entries it was meant to make on that file, failed.

Thereafter P3D installer was executed on all 3 packs. The installer gives option to reinstal from scratch or to just create layers which is what I chosed.

Question is: did the P3D installer finally write those entries to terrain.cfg ?

Regards

FSGlobal Ultimate is a terrain elevation mesh only and shouldn't have anything to do with the terrain.cfg which calls for landclass textures.  You should be looking to see if the scenery.cfg located in %\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 folder contains the FSGlobal Ultimate entries.

If you had FSX and installed FSGlobal the data is already on your hard drive, it isn't necessary to reinstall to P3D.  All you have to do is add the entries into the scenery.cfg via p3D's Scenery Library.

Archived