HD Trees

GrayRider

I have a couple questions about the HD Trees install.

When I installed the HD Trees package. I forgot to use my FTX Central V2. I installed it like I had with the old Central. It appears to have installed ok and does show up in my central v2. Did I mess up the install, by not installing it thru central v2?.

My next question is related to one part of the HD Trees readme doc. I'm adding a screenshot. The readme shows how to change/lock the TML setting to 2048 from 1024.

I did that as per the readme. I than closed central. I than reopened central again to check the TML setting. The setting went back to 1024 like it was. How do I lock the setting to 2048, so it stays at 2048. The readme doesn't say anything about how to lock the setting?. 

GrayRider

screenshot3637.jpg

Hi GrayRider,

I'll answer your questions one at a time:

When I installed the HD Trees package. I forgot to use my FTX Central V2. I installed it like I had with the old Central. It appears to have installed ok and does show up in my central v2. Did I mess up the install, by not installing it thru central v2?.

Your installation should be just fine; as long as you are seeing the "Use FTX Trees HD" option in FTXC v2 and the new trees are showing up in your sim, you are good to go!

How do I lock the setting to 2048, so it stays at 2048. The readme doesn't say anything about how to lock the setting?. 

There seems to be a bug in Aero that doesn't always keep your actual TML setting in that dialogue box.  If you choose 2048 and hit "Apply" at the bottom left corner, the new TML should be saved in your FSX.cfg file.  Note that you do have to hit "Apply" afterwards; I forgot to include that in the Trees HD User Guide, but I'll update it now.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks So far Scott.

I still have a problem with the TML of 2048 staying locked when using Aero.

After I tic 2048 and click apply. I get this screen:

I'm not sure why this screen comes up and what I'm supposed to select from it?. If I select do nothing. The screen locks up, and I can't get out of it.

THX

GrayRider

screenshot3641.jpg

That screen is referring to the runway textures. If you have another program that alters runway textures (such as REX), this screen will appear and asks if you'd like to use the textures supplied by Aero, or by the other program. I'm not sure why it would lock up though; I'll have Ben take a look.

Thanks Scott.

I do use REX runway textures. I wouldn't think this would have anything to do with the TML change I'm trying to make to 2048. I'll wait for your feedback from Ben.

I'm not sure what my next step is or will be. I guess I could go into my fsx.cfg and change it there to 2048 etc.

THX

GrayRider

Hi again GrayRider,

I've talked with Ben, and he doesn't know why Aero would be freezing up like this either, unfortunately.  He said that he's working on a replacement for Aero that would be integrated in FTXC-2, but until then you can change the TML setting manually with these instructions (this assumes you're using FSX):

1. Open your FSX.cfg file, located in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
  2. Use the "Find" tool (under the Edit menu) to search the document for "TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD"
  3. Change the value from 1024 to 2048.  The line should now read "TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048"
  4. Save the document, and you're done!

Cheers,

Scott

Archived