Is It Necessary To Update To The New Triple Installers?

Jotayhen

I am a member of a group of Long-Time Orbx customers.  All of us have many Orbx terrain regions and airports installed on our systems.  Most of us have had these products installed on our systems for years.  We are debating the necessity to re-download the products that we already own and have installed due to their having been upgraded to the new triple installers.  Some of us believe there are additional upgrades contained within these new versions.  Others of us feel it is not necessary if we are not running P3d.  I note that the new FTX Central v2 does not notify me that there are updates to those of my already installed Orbx terrain regions and airports that have been upgraded to the new triple installers and so I am assuming, since FTX Central is not calling for me to update those products it is not necessary.  Is that correct or should I go ahead and download the newer versions?

Good day,

Many of the triple installers include small updates for the FSX versions as well as Prepar3D updates. They are not necessary, usually only changes like upgrading static aircraft or animated people. If you do choose to download the new versions it is pretty straightforward, no uninstall necessary. The installer will take care of all the work.

Cheers,

Alex

Archived