Scenery.cfg File Error with PNW Install

rlashier

Hello,

This is my first post to these support forums, as I am new to ORBX scenery products.  I recently installed the FTX PNW scenery to my FSX/Acceleration system that is running Windows 7/64 bit.  I activated the NA scenery in FSX Central, and also installed a couple of the ORBX freeware airports and the Portland scenery that is available for the PNW area.

When I start FSX with the ORBX NA scenery enabled in FSX central, I receive an error message as follows:

SCENERY.cfg File error.  Local Scenery Directory (ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\SCENERY) in scenery Area.144 not found.  Click OK to continue.  Clicking on OK, the scenery databases load, and FSX is seemingly ready to go.

How can I eliminate this irksome error at FSX startup?  I note that I simply installed the PNW scenery into FSX with the latest installer provided by the FlightSim Store.  I did not attempt to enable or disable any particular scenery areas with the Scenery Library or any other tool.  The ORBX LIBS scenery area shows up in the Scenery Library as #1 priority, but I do not know where to locate anything about Area 144, or why its directory is not found.

What has caused this error, and what is the fix for it?  Should I uninstall all the ORBX software and try to reinstall, or is there a more surgical fix for this. I would like to be able to enjoy the software and not chase down errors.

Thanks,

Rich LaShier

Order # FSS0359681

Archived