FTX Central FSX Rename Unique Files

Scott B

I found this similar issue here:  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/94876-ftx-central-p3d-v2-rename-unique-files/?hl=%2Brename+%2Bunique+%2Bfiles

Newer PC with old FTX Central displays the following error while applying a region. This started only after installing the latest FTXG Freeware Airport Packs.  KRDD 1.00 installed.  Latest libraries installed: 

Error1.JPG?raw=1

Test PC with FTX Central Beta does not display any errors and appears to apply regions OK.  Latest FTXG Freeware Airports installed.  KRDD 1.10 installed.  Latest libraries installed.

Each file exist on both PC's:  "ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGL" and "ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.OFF". 

Thank you.

Edit: "Restore.bat Denied" error occurred once so far with the new FTX Central Beta.

Hi Scott

I found an error in 67L several months ago and here is my fix.

'Version 18 freeware scenery included airport 67L and an elevation adjustment was inserted automatically in my FSX scenery/world/scenery file.
V19 freeware scenery appeared to also insert an elevation adjustment in Scenery/world/scenery file thus making two entries which appeared to screw up my elevation of 67L.
I removed one of these entries and ran the vector configuration tool and my airport 67L is now correct.'

Is this the same problem?

Kind regards

Ian

Hello Ian. 

I don't think I have the vector configuration tool. Wish I did.  Doesn't that come with FTX Global Vector? (I've purchased Vector, but I haven't installed it yet).  It sounds like the same issue though. 

If I manually move one of the two files, then FTX Central applies the "FTX Global" without error (which also renames "ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGL" to *.OFF). But this, of course, screws up the airport elevations.  I can manually rename it back to *.BGL while "Global" is applied and the airport elevation is fine. 

Seems like this FTXG adjustment file should be placed elsewhere.  This wasn't an issue before the latest Freeware Airport Packs.  Maybe I'm missing something?

Thank you for your reply. 

Thanks Ian. 

Right.  Sorry...  I should have said that I wish I had access to the vector configuration tool without installing FTX Vector. I've been procrastinating installing FTX Vector but now it looks like I have a good reason to do so!  Still, I think this issue should be looked into as there are folks who haven't purchased FTX Vector yet have installed the freeware airport packs which may result in the FTX Central error.  Strangely, FTX Central Beta doesn't mind both files in place, one on, the other off. 

Thank you sir.

Hi

I just tried to load PNW with the original FTX Central and got the same error message as buckster.  Would like to know whether to delete a file.

Have you installed version 18 and version 19 Freeware Airports for Orbx. If so the following problem could occur and you should follow the instructions as listed:

'Version 18 freeware scenery included airport 67L and an elevation adjustment was inserted automatically in my FSX scenery/world/scenery file.
V19 freeware scenery appeared to also insert an elevation adjustment in Scenery/world/scenery file thus making two entries which appeared to screw up my elevation of 67L.
I removed one of these entries and ran the vector configuration tool and my airport 67L is now correct.'

Hope this answers your question

Kind regards

Ian

First of all, I don't think one should have to purchase Vector in order to use its configuration tool to fix an issue that begins with a pop-up error with FTX Central.  (Luckily, I had already purchased Vector, but hadn't installed it at the time of the initial error).

Secondly, I was unable to correct the elevation issue with the Vector configuration tool.  I realize this could be something specific to my system since it seems to work for others. 

BTW, manually removing one of the duplicate files from "scenery\world\scenery" fixes the FTX Central pop-up error regardless of whether Vector is installed or not, but doesn't solve the elevation issue.

- I'm using the non-beta FTX Central.

- Installed Vector 1.20.

- Re-installed latest libraries.

- Manually removed one of the two "ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGL" files.

- Applied "Global" in FTX Central. (no pop-up error now since one of the files was removed)

- Ran the Vector configuration tool using the auto configuration mode which did not fix the airport elevation.

- Ran the Vector configuration tool and enabled/disabled 67L specifically which did not fix the airport elevation.

- Clicked "Apply" after each Vector config tool change.

I must be overlooking something since others have had success using the Vector config tool with this issue.  Any ideas?  Am I using it wrong? 

(This is not a big issue and I probably wouldn't have noticed except for the fact the FTX Central pop-up error brought it to my attention)

Sincere thank you in advance.

Scott

Thanks Ian.  I try to stay on top of the situation and download the latest of everything.  This morning I opened the file folder and then observed the 67L bgl being renamed to 67L.off in real-time as I cycled my ORBX scenes.  When I cycle scenes it looks like 67L remains off and never gets turned back on.  I don't have vector.

Hi Motodave

Best action is if you only have one 67L file then run sim and if airport is ok you'r good to go. If you have two files then delete one (try the off file) and run sim. If again everything is ok you don't need to do any more but if your elevation is out then add .off to end of 67L.bgl

Kind regards

Ian

Howdy Ian.  I just re-installed to latest library.  I'm observing the file being changed of OFF when FTX Global is selected.  When selecting Oceana, Europe or North America the file remains unchanged.  I guess that means manual file copy for now.  A minor issue when using Global unless I forget to copy and then access that particular airport.

Archived