Accidently installed Global airports freeware, can I uninstall?

T-Bone

I am re-installing my Orbx payware and freeware on my new computer and just realised I installed the freeware global airports pack by mistake, as I don't have the Global Base yet. I will get it one day but don't have the money for all those layers right now. 

Is there a way to uninstall this for now until I buy all the layers, or should I just leave it alone and run it? I think it maybe should be uninstalled as the Global base payware should be installed first. FWIW I have yet to start FSX, since I noticed my mistake as the install was finishing. Doh!!!

Thanks.    

Hi T-Bone,

You should be able to remove them by removing all the folders in the ORBX/FTX_Global folder. However, with few exceptions they will work with FSX default. You may get some flashing textures at a few airports where we used a texture specific to Global, but these are few.  100's of airports and few issues, I'd leave them in.

Cheers, Neil

Ok thanks Neil, I will leave it alone. I guess that means I'm OK to purchase/install Global Base and Vector in due course with these airports already installed, or do you recommend I remove them anyway, and then re-install them after base and vector?

Archived