FTX Global with dedicated regions installed

espresso

Hello all!

I am wondering how to use the FTX Central Configuration tool correctly considering the following:

I have, for example, the dedicated region Northern California installed. I want to fly from Las Vegas (addon airport) to San Francisco (addon airport) with the PMDG 777. As you can imagine this undertaking is very VAS intensive. So i switched to FTX Global. Everything went fine but I couldn't help noticing some texture issues (green land when there was farm land in satellite shots). It didn't look wrong, it just made me wonder whether everything is configured correctly. The same applies to FTX EU England. With Heathrow Extended active I want to save VAS when I am flying with big addon airliners.

So my question is: Is it correct to use FTX Global in these cases, even though I am flying in a dedicated region? Or should I be using Hybrid mode? Or am I doing it completely wrong?

Many thanks in advance for shedding some light on this!

When flying in both FSX default and FTX full fat regions at the same time (KLAS - KSFO) you should be in Global/Hybrid mode.  Although your KLAS is an addon airport it is in a default region of FSX and KSFO is of course in the NCA full fat region the Global/Hybrid mode allows the best display of the scenery without stopping the sim and switching modes mid-flight.

Hmmm... the problem still being that I want so save VAS.

So what exactly means going for FTX Global activated when flying in a full fat region? That's what I did and I couldn't help but thinking that some textures are messed up.

Hmmm... the problem still being that I want so save VAS.

So what exactly means going for FTX Global activated when flying in a full fat region? That's what I did and I couldn't help but thinking that some textures are messed up.

Nothing in my post about deleting KLAS  (McCarran Intl.) I only mention that it is an addon airport (not ORBX addon) in an FSX Default area not covered by ORBX.  If you want to take off from KLAS and fly to KSFO you are flying from an FSX default area, (no FTX scenery involved) into an ORBX full fat region (NCA).

you can select Global  without the Hybrid feature checked as your answer (quoted) say which indeed will deteriorate what you see in the scenery in the NCA region OR as I said select GLOBAL/HYBRID mode before take off from KLAS.  The Hybrid part of that selection will make the scenery in NCA when you reach that area be "almost" imperceptable from having selected "North America" by stopping the sim at the region boarder, switching and re-starting the sim. (awkward).  The Hybrid part of GLOBAL was designed for exactly what you wish to do.  Fly into or out of a 'full fat region' without having to switch anything in FTX Central.

Remember that GLOBAL alone (no hybrid) is basically FSX default but is using the new textures that GLOBAL Base installs in the sim.  That is why, after installing GLOBAL the "DEFAULT" mode disappears from FTX Central.

If you will re-read the FTX Global User Guide (found in the ORBX\User Documents folder) pages 6-7 is explains this quite clearly.

I think we're in a bit of a misunderstanding here. I mean VAS not KLAS. ;) The functionality of FTX Global vs. Hybrid vs. full fat is clear now.

The only remaining problem is that I want to save memory. And that I can only achieve by activating FTX Global and not the full fat region. And when I do that I can't help but notice some texture errors.

I can't help but think this is what's causing my other problem too:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/94100-ftx-global-texture-problem-england/

Ok... so the problem with KJAC seems solved... had to install Central Rockies first.

But this is what the, at least I think so, border region looks like. The textures seem a bit "messed up" or is this due to the hybrid mode?

2015-3-12_16-31-47-303_zps1yeaegwg.png

Archived