No airport buildings

philjtoh

I just installed my first Orbx product - England. None of the airports have any detail apart from runways/taxiways, even Heathrow. I downloaded the latest lib files as prompted by FTX install. I'm a real newbie at this and have no idea what could be wrong. Any help gratefully received. Flight simulator is Prepare3d Academic.

Yes I did. That's what I meant by "I downloaded the latest lib files as prompted by FTX install". Sorry not to be more precise. I assume I dealt with them correctly because the FTX Central install was not possible until I had done so ("unable to find terrain.cfg"). My next step could be to uninstall and reinstall the EU England. Is that likely to help? Can it cause any problem (e.g. with activation)?

I think I've fixed this. I just didn't have the density/mesh etc turned up enough for the details to show. I'll now need to experiment to see which slider is the most important. Frame rate now a bit hammered but liveable with (?) and the buildings are there. Does the install guide have any hints about minimum slider settings? Didn't see any.

Archived