Operating costs c152

plicpriest1

Hello all,

So for those of you out there who like to get that extra bit of realism out of your flights (or are just strait up curious as to how it costs), I have found a spreadsheat online that does the cost totaling for a 150/152. So all you have to do is look up the individual costs for your area (fuel per gallon, oil sold at airport, etc.), and put those values into the spreadsheat. And just like magic you know how much your 152 cost per hour for your home airport (or even xcountry flying).

Now I can hear many people scream that they fly 172s 182s Senecas, and more. What about them? You can modify the spreadsheet, but I figure the best approach is for single engine aircraft is to just input the values (type of cost is the same anyways, think oil and fuel).

For twins this is simple still. For the engine and propeller cost and soforth, just double that cost. Im sure more can be done but Im no excell professional 8) .

Now for the research part.

Whats the cost of my 152? Go to www.aso.com

How much is fuel at my airport? www.airnav.com

What is the cost of oil? www.google.com (couldnt help myself >:D )

I know that many aircraft have recurring AD (airworthiness directives), and you would have to do some digging around to find that info. But for a basic GA calculator this will work well. Also the website has alot of other good information so poke around there too. Finally I have absoluty nothing to do with the creation of this spreadsheet. I am NOT the author. I dont have that much talent.

So here it is, just download and play (free too): www.cessna150-152.com/Cost_of_Ownership.xls

Brian

Archived