Bacchus Marsh VIC - YBSS

Hi Daniel,

It cetainly is possible, but the key is getting ground level photos (from all 4 sides) of the 9 hangars there, plus the clubhouse fuel tanks and other buildings in the airport zone. If you can get hold of those then it would be a nice project for either Orbx or OZx to do mate.

hi john,

i will see what i can do! i go there most weekends for gliding i guess when you think about it, its alot of photos to take. 4 photos of each building and landmark. Ill keep you posted!

It's well worth the effort. To see an airfield developed from your pictures is very rewarding. Take a zillion pics on the ground and as many as you can from the air too. Then ask nicely at OZx and you never know. ;D

• 3 months later...

about 12 months ago i took ground and air photos of my local airport for mango. at the time it was gonna be freeware and a personal project mango was doing when he found some spare time. it's being released tomorrow. YHBA!!!!! (Hervey Bay.) so dreams can come true. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest volcom1720

I'd like my local (Latrobe Valley Regional) but I couldnt get access to the airfield, and I dont take flying lessons there yet.  :(

I've found heaps on the internet but I'll have to wait a few years I guess..

Archived