Ocean tiling? problem

Hi guys, recently came across a problem while flying from Scotland to France.

I noticed the water changed in colour leaving the FTX England region, SE area off EGMH Marston although i'm sure its not just local to this area as the tile lines venture off into the distance.

I've never noticed this before and could'nt seem to repair it, so, i did a fresh reinstall testing after installing each product, which went like this

FSX SE, Pilots 2010 mesh, Global, Vector, OpenLC EU (everything was fine up to here) then FTX England, this is when the tiling appears (see pic) outside the coastal waters if you like.

If anyone has any ideas or stuff to try that would be appreciated...I'm not new to FSX :)...I'm currently installing a copy of the Legacy discs to see if the problem replicates itself.

2015-03-02_00005.jpg

Regards

Rick.

I think orbx uses custom water textures around the "fat regions" so I think what you see is the line where the custom color ends and the default water color begins.

what I have done to help  this is use steves dx 10 fixer to get the default water to match the region I fly in

Thanks lthendrix...so your saying that all the FTX regions have this boundry and that the lighter water is where the default fsx water begins.

I've never know it to be so abrupt and noticably visible in colour change as in the pic.

I can only think that in previous installs of FSX the join has been masked by other FSX apps like ReX products and possibly FSWC.

I don't see the option you refer to in the DX10 fixer to get the water to somehow blend or match coastal waters, just reflections.

Archived