Mistake on Global Install

tiger64

After having to do a complete reinstall of FSX I think I made a mistake when I installed FTX Global.  After installing all my FTX products (which all appear ok)  I realized I did not pay attention when installing Global becuase I saved my backup  default textures in C:\..(no folder). I have moved these files into a backup folder for saffe keeping.  In FTX Central I only have FTX Global and North America.  I thought before I would have also had a "Default setting" . Should I reinstall Global in order to have an appropriate backup or is it a bigger problem?

Thanks for any help...

Hi,

If you intend to restore the FSX default textures, it's important to specify the right location for the backup so you need to reinstall FTX Global Base properly.

If you don't mind about the backup (you can also get by making a repair with FSX DVD1), no need to reinstall.

Tiger64,

it is correct that after installing FTX Global you will only have this icon available and no longer a default icon - Global replaces default. So as Richard says, unless you want to have the default backup textures readily available instead of having to install them from the FSX DVD, then you're good to go and there should be no need to reinstall.

Cheers

Jack

Richard and Jack thanks  for your help.  Since everything appears to be working just fine I do not see any need to ever use the default textures so will go ahead and leave all alone. 

Regards,

Carl

• 3 months later...

I made the same mistake, instead I've backed up the files directly into the P3D folder...

I know there are no problems with that but wanted to make a dedicated folder and put the scenery files into it, just to make order.

Can anybody send me a list of the backed-up scenery files (from a fresh P3D installation) which I can then move to the dedicated folder?

Archived