FTX Wales/ENG: major landmass in Bristol Channel

RobdeVries

Hello,

Just bought FTX ENG/WALES installed and patched will latest patches.

Also have FTX Global/Vector/OpenLC EU latest installed.

Having land textures in the Bristol Channel. What went wrong? See screenshot from above Cardiff (EGFF)

Naamloos.jpg

Nope, I wish it was that simple. Maybe it is. But FTX Central is set to EU.

Did some further experimenting. Switched from EU to Global in FTX Central and the above mentioned problem seemed gone. Moreover I have UK2000 Bristol installed and this was now aligned to the vector roads, which was not the case with EU activated. 

Switched back to EU in FTX Central and indeed all roads where missing. 

And probably some other vector data as well. e.g. the river Taff in Cooper's Field is now land filled with houses (near Cardiff Castle).

Latest library also installed.

Thanks,

Rob  

That looks much better Wolter :)

Okay stupid question. In the post to where your link to refers Holger mentions a backup terrain.cfg. Which one and where can I find this backup?

Is it the one from 2007 which can be found here: \Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\InstallBackup 

Edit: Okay used the 2007 backup terrain.cfg and followed the steps Holger mentioned. But without the desired result. I.e. the land mass is still there and vector data seem to still miss. 

That solved the problem! Thanks Wolter for this quick and dirty solution. So it seems that my FTX Central did not write the correct entries in my terrain.cfg. The install location of FSX is non standard (so not C:\Program Files (x86) etc).

Archived