FTX Central error

Hi all,

I've just downloaded and installed the new libraries for FSX: SE and I get an error when trying to open FTX Central.  Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work\DummyLM.bmp'.  This is the error that comes up when I try to run the program.  If I click continue, FTX Central just loads forever and nothing happens.  If i click quit I then recieve the windows error message stating that FTX Central has stopped working.  

I have installed NRM version 4, CEF4, CEN4, CEJ4, and global base pack installed.  I am running win 8.1 also.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hey Lightswitch94,

On your Windows 8.1, do you have anti-spyware software such as: Norton, McAfee, or even Windows Defender active in your system? If so, I would suggest disabling your anti-spyware if it's on. I would re-run the installs with administrator privileges as well. I had a problem installing the Global Base package on Windows 8.1 with similar issues and error messages as you stated above, and disabling the anti-spyware and running the install with administrator privileges helped me out to properly install it. I have no problems now. This advice I am giving to you was given to me by to individuals on a previous thread. I hope that is something as simple as that.

Hope it Works,

BaezAir

Archived