I am unable to run SP4

Graybird

INVALID - Order 195156 does not exist, please confirm with customer.

For support queries please be so kind and add your correct ordernumber(s) to your Sig as per forum rules.

Info on how to do that you can find here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support 

please advice

Sorry, should be FSSO195159( Invoice number). Purchased 29th Dec 2012 from Flightsim Store, I have been simming since the year dot but have just put this on another PC which we have had for a while and is better then my old one. Just tried FSX Deluxe bare and much smoother but roads and buildings all out of wack. 

This PC is an ASUS All-in-one with a 2TB HD partitioned. Drive C: 80GB holding W7 64bit etc., which I battle to stop from filling up, and the rest of the HD is Drive D:  

I thought I'd be smart and create a folder in D to put all my flightsim games and addons in but that didn't work. So I transferred/copied some of Win7 files over from C: and I now have FSX and ORBX together. FTXCental(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight SimulatorX\ORBX\FTXCentral) 

I have yet to try my other addons Horizon Simulations etc. etc.

If I have much more trouble I'm tempted to go for Prepar3d and ditch all of this. 

Thank you that sorted it :)

you can also download the AU set from the FlightSimStore free of charge

make sure you get the latest library files and patches for your FTX titles, available here => https://fullterrain.com/support

As for the mentioned issues, if you installed fsX to the default location it will put you in the mangle as you state that your C drive is only 80 G's, most likely it can't install due to lack of space

I would advice to un-install fsX completely, delete all remnant folders and run CCleaner to clear out all remnant registry entries

re-install it to your D drive

make sure you have Administrator rights

when running the exe rightclick and select to "Run as Administrator"

make sure that UserAccountControl is disabled and that you exclude your main fsX folder from continuous scanning by your AntiVirus progarm

• 1 year later...

Hi Wolter, Not sure if you if you will see this after such a long period of time, but I am unsure how to make any other contact.

I have just purchased a new PC so am attempting(yet again) to install the Orbx software. After so many years of failure you would think I have got the message by now but I hate to spend money and not get anything out of it. I see the other orbx products and would like to add to my package but a bit pointless when I am unable to get Aus SP4 going  over four years and three computers.

FSX really hums along now with.- i76700K, 16GB, 500GBSSD, ASUS GTX Strix ROG GeForce8GB W/C and I want to now want load in the rest of my Horizon software etc. but thought I would give Orbx one last chance to try and fix it before I remove it for good.

At the moment when I try FTX Central and try to load up Australia it says that FTX does not exist despite being safely tucked up in the MSFSX folder. If I disregard this and fly, the joystick controls just stop working. No problem when flying out of SP4.

Cheers mate, long time indeed, no worries

In the meantime a few things have changed, namely with FTX Central and the way updates and patches are delivered

first and foremost make sure you have the latest library files installed, available at the Support page

atm I'm at work, hence not much options to get things sorted, when I get home I'll add to the post to get you up to speed

Archived