FTX Global Can't locate scenery.cfg.

pilot217

Just what it says, I am at a lost and do not want to mess with anything I know nothing about. I have the registry updated and installs point in the correct direction but every FTX file can't locate the scenery.cfg.

I am not a super tech savvy filght simmer but I know my way around. I would like some direction into what I need to do. I will give you all the info you need. I did have the FSX Box version installed until I installed the Steam version and saw that even with its bare bones was a few notches above its old self. It simply operates and optimizes a whole lot better than FSX Boxed. My next steps were to start pouring my addons into the Steam version. I started with FLyTampas' Tampa airport(KTPA). Installed like a charm!! I then headed back to grab my A2A accufeel, which worked at first then disappeared, then the  PMDG 777, OpusFSI and lastly the Airbus X 318/319/320/321. All installed flawlessly. I saved the best for last. FTX GLobal, simply because that's all the scenery I need. I updated the Orbxlibs to no avail and read some where that I must do registery magic. So, I did. Got the new Libs to install to the Steam version and it was finally time to install the worlds BEST scenery. I started the installation and at the part where FTXCentral pops up, the FTX Configurator says it can not locate the scenery.cfg. I have read a lot in many forums but I am afraid my brain turns most of the stuff I raed into a foreign language I have yet to master. So I beg you reader whom is going to help me, Explain like I am a very smart teenager.

Thanks in advance captains!

• 3 weeks later...

Just what it says, I am at a lost and do not want to mess with anything I know nothing about. I have the registry updated and installs point in the correct direction but every FTX file can't locate the scenery.cfg.

I am not a super tech savvy filght simmer but I know my way around. I would like some direction into what I need to do. I will give you all the info you need. I did have the FSX Box version installed until I installed the Steam version and saw that even with its bare bones was a few notches above its old self. It simply operates and optimizes a whole lot better than FSX Boxed. My next steps were to start pouring my addons into the Steam version. I started with FLyTampas' Tampa airport(KTPA). Installed like a charm!! I then headed back to grab my A2A accufeel, which worked at first then disappeared, then the  PMDG 777, OpusFSI and lastly the Airbus X 318/319/320/321. All installed flawlessly. I saved the best for last. FTX GLobal, simply because that's all the scenery I need. I updated the Orbxlibs to no avail and read some where that I must do registery magic. So, I did. Got the new Libs to install to the Steam version and it was finally time to install the worlds BEST scenery. I started the installation and at the part where FTXCentral pops up, the FTX Configurator says it can not locate the scenery.cfg. I have read a lot in many forums but I am afraid my brain turns most of the stuff I raed into a foreign language I have yet to master. So I beg you reader whom is going to help me, Explain like I am a very smart teenager.

Thanks in advance captains!

Pilot 217, I ran into exactly the same problem as yours and I'm also new to Orbx scenery.  I am hungry for an answer too!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for being away so long. I have since solved the issue. I uninstalled yet again and wiped my driver clean Demingma2004. Reinstalled FSX:SE and all my addons pointed in the right direction and have had no issues whatsoever. Thanks to Wolter van der Spoel, I fly the friendly skies smoothly and with grace. 

Pilot 217, I ran into exactly the same problem as yours and I'm also new to Orbx scenery.  I am hungry for an answer too!

Archived