My EU Wales software is not installing correctly. Please Help!

dude7691

Hello. I just purchased the EU Wales scenery expansion for Flight Simulator X (not the steam edition) and have been unable to install the expansion for the reasons I will state later on. I bought the expansion today (18/02/2015) and downloaded it on google chrome from the flightsimstore. I paid £20.61 and the download completed approximately 1 hour later. I opened the .exe inside the .zip file and attempted to extract the files as prompted. However I received the error message as follows:

"An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error search code to search for help with this problem.

Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error"

However I used WinRAR to extract the files to a temporary folder on my desktop but then I received an error telling me there was a checksum error for each file (except for the .exe files). However I allowed WinRAR to extract the "broken files" and they eventually extracted to a temporary folder. I tried to run the .exe again and the installer failed the integrity check and showed above as common causes being an "Incomplete download or damaged media". However I then downloaded the file again and repeated the process without antivirus or firewall running but the same problem occurred. However I followed the link I was recommended by the installer and managed to launch the installer using "cmd" by putting the file path of the installer and then putting "/NCRC" after it and the installer then attempted to unpack the files but I was then told that the installer was corrupted and could not continue. I couldn't see any reason as to why it would be corrupt unless the file supplied was faulty which I doubt because flightsimstore are a reputable dealer. Hence I am here and hoping to pick the brains of those much more knowledgeable than I am! I am running windows 8.1 64-bit and would really appreciate all the support you guys can give me :) I love this scenery and OrbX is an incredible company but this problem is getting in the way of me running this awesomeness! Thank you for your time :)

Hi, unfortunately still the same error after downloading again with GetRight download manager. I am thinking this is a deeper error as a result of the checksum error shown by WinRAR which is associated with the registry? Do I have any chance of receiving a refund? I get the feeling this is an operating system related issue and I am not willing to reset my whole PC. Thanks for the help nonetheless :) Update: I am attempting a system restore to a few days ago because I installed some demo OrbX scenery earlier today and am thinking it may be conflicting?

Archived